Nintendo Switch review roundup

OK fair point.

1 Like

[quote=“ficuswhisperer, post:20, topic:96139”]the Wii U came with Nintendo Land[/quote]The “Deluxe” configuration that cost $50 more came with Nintendo Land, to be precise.

1 Like

It was also black (very important) and with more memory and other value adds. It’s the one I bought and honestly I forgot they had a base model.

Anyway this is just Nintendo being Nintendo and they are masters of nickle and diming and double/triple/quadruple dipping.

Well, I’ll predict that:

• Nintendo fans will hail it as the second coming of Christ, for a few weeks at least;
  • It won’t sell the fluke Furby numbers that the Wii did;
  • After a few months it’ll be relegated to an also-ran with strong exclusives and little third party support, like most post 64 Nintendo consoles

Regular fuckin’ Nostradamus, me.

1 Like

To be fair, even the strong exclusives has been falling to the wayside. This new Zelda title was supposed to come out on the Wii U.

Used to be that console owners could expect one, possibly two of the “major” titles to be released on each console. This has become MORE true for the Xbox and Playstation, as the console life has become extended. This has gone the opposite way for Nintendo. Pikmin, two Mario platformers, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros. Compared to the number of Nintendo-made titles for the GameCube, it’s significantly less.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.