No, Via Getty is not the name of the US Capitol rioter who stole the lecturn

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/07/no-via-getty-is-not-the-name-of-the-us-capitol-rioter-who-stole-the-podium.html

10 Likes

And his house is at 39°50′N 98°35′W.

13 Likes

pushes up glasses with one finger

I believe it’s a “lectern.”

runs away

61 Likes

I bet these people also wonder why so many people in the news are named “Reuters.”

37 Likes

IT’S A LECTERN!

I’ll never win this battle.

22 Likes

Insufficient facepalm gifs, starting with Lizza’s twitter account.

5 Likes

A lot of the so-called “insurrectionists” were actually foreign agents. This one guy, Agence France-Presse, was all over the place.

37 Likes

He looks very red

I think you’ll find that this is the guy in question.

I don’t know how to account for his fondness for lecterns but whatever, we don’t kink shame here.

22 Likes

THANK YOU!

11 Likes

FUCK YOU! (jk)

11 Likes

So is it not Chip Gaines?

4 Likes

LOL. Facepalm…

3 Likes

I swear to Dog, when I saw this photo last night, he looks so much like a guy I grew up with I had to Google his name. When we were in our 20s, he worked as an intern for our then GOP state legislator for his House run (which he won). I don’t think it was him, but I honestly can’t tell.

7 Likes

He looks like that guy that dons the hippie wig and does youtube comedy videos

1 Like

Yeah. And his brother Courtesy Reuters.

16 Likes

Oh, wait, I see your credit line now. So you’re saying the PHOTOGRAPHER was Via Getty. Whew, okay, totally makes sense now. Maybe they can ask Via Getty who the guy with the lectern was then? Maybe he signed a release or something.

22 Likes

fun fact: the instagram handle of geddy lee of rush is “geddyimages.”

20 Likes

Almost as much as other recent events, this makes me truly despair at the future of our democracy. :woman_facepalming:t2:

9 Likes

18 Likes