Nokia's G22 "fixable" smartphone comes with a teardown kit

Not when they lock out repairs with software locks.

1 Like

Well, I was using Apple parts anyway, which aren’t really very expensive for a one-off repair like this to save the phone.

2 Likes

Watch the video, even genuine Apple parts* are locked out in recent phones.

*he brought two Apple phones new and tried swapping parts between them, the software locks out functions of the swapped parts, even though all parts are genuine Apple parts.

4 Likes

Definitely want a repairable phone, and want it downmarket.

I also want some options for end of life models. Motel crazies leave their dead phones here and eBaying only rids me of the most recent, or iPhones sold for parts. LG refused to answer my query on how to remove phone parts and convert old 3Gs into mp3s and/or non-Amazon ereaders.

1 Like

I don’t care enough about this to watch a 20 minute video about it. I’ll take your word for it. I wonder if a person could take the phone in to the Genius Bar after and get the parts “activated” or whatever needs to happen. My experience is they’re pretty easy going with stuff. They replaced the graphics card and wi-fi card on my MBP out of warranty for no charge, and replaced the front camera on my phone out of warranty for no charge.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.