NRA is spending $3m on pro-Trump ad that says Clinton "will leave you defenseless"

I think we sometimes forget just because you can have a thing, doesn’t mean you should.

As a RET Army veteran, I have used countless types of lethal weaponry. I have never owned a gun in my private life and have never seen fit to have a reason why I would. I have been hunting on a handful of occasions and the hunting preserves I have visited had rifles on hand for me to use.

I do not think it is necessary or reasonable to ban all guns, anyone who wants to own a hand gun for home or personal defense, or rifles for hunting should certainly be allowed to do so. HOWEVER…the analogy here is that any person can also own a motorcycle, or boat, or sports car, or however many other vehicles of any make model and type they choose. They must however register and insure those vehicles properly. And the same should be for any gun owners.

There is no logical reason or argument to counter this view. NONE. The only reason I ever hear is that “I have the right and duty to bear arms to defend my nation from tyranny” in other words, the ammosexuals do not want to register their guns because the very government they feel they need guns to protect themselves against will somehow use that registration to enact tyranny.

Let me tell you something…have all the damn guns you want. hand guns, rifles. have as many AR15’s and all the ammo you can store in your basement to your little tiny heart’s content. If MY brothers and sisters in the military were ordered to take over and felt so inclined to follow an unconstitutional order, your guns would mean nothing to the arsenal they have at their employ. One aged A-10 Warthog would level a small town. A couple M1A2 Abrams would decimate you and your small arms. How would your AR15 help when tomahawk missiles are launched from a sea wolf sub off the coast 500 miles out?

Personal gun ownership is not about protecting ourselves from our own government. You don’t need guns for that. You just need to exercise your right to vote, and elect smart people who will serve the people. Elect people who understand and know the Constitution and will work every day to defend life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for all people.

I don’t care what side of the political fence you fall on…Donald Trump does not now or will ever have any interest in doing that.

edit for typos

19 Likes