Odd Stuff (Part 1)

2 Likes

MP promises to grill UK.gov over revelations that Uber handed ‘2,000 pieces’ of user data to London cops a year

Conservative backbencher David Davis has vowed to ask questions in Parliament over Uber’s seemingly unregulated sharing of data with police and transport regulators as it battled to save its London taxi licence.

1 Like

Local knowledge is your best friend. I haven’t let it put me off eating the local catch, as long as I have done my due diligence. I hope you can get to the Keys soon, once the … situation … allows.

5 Likes

Novel and odd. What stuck out at me was the pitch for being a veggie washer. Guess I never thought about washing my veggies that way. Why not use the dishwasher? I suppose if the soap was mild and the veggies didn’t cook it would be alright.

Interesting.

10 Likes

That’s very cool, but apparently only common in East Asian countries? Probably where ever kitchen space is at a premium for the average house/apartment?

6 Likes

my pops lives in Oaxaca, MX and he and his esposa do this. they buy avocados, mangoes, piñas and stuff, put 'em on the top rack and cold water wash using some antimicrobial stuff they get at Chedruai’s, it’s not exactly jabón (soap), but more of gentle antimicrobial rinse agent.

9 Likes

Okay, add trees to the list.

8 Likes
6 Likes
3 Likes

Australia: even the trees have poison bites. It’s so on brand for Oz!

9 Likes
2 Likes

Obligatory…

10 Likes

:woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

I’d buy that.

2 Likes

:notes:
Two men say they’re Jesus…
One of them must be wrong…

:notes:

2 Likes

8 Likes

He was included in a blog about Russian fringe religion recently:

I would take whatever I read on that site with the same grain of salt you’d apply while reading RT. Interesting stuff on there, sometimes, though. Sans opinions, of course.

3 Likes

I love this blog, and this is one of the oddest posts yet. To summarize: slugs are hermaphrodites and can either breed with another, or themselves. When they choose another (as shown in the pic), they both act the parts of both genders, the male organ of one fertilizing the female part of the other and vice versa. Relatively often the two penises get “entangled” and one or both parties will bite them off to get free. From then on, they can reproduce only as females.
I love not only how truly odd this is, but also that people over time have bothered to figure it out. They’re slugs! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes
6 Likes
2 Likes