Opal OP-1 claims to be the first "professional" webcam

I’ll just stick with my shitty LifeCam from 10 years ago.

3 Likes

yeah, logitech’s are pretty primitive.

2 Likes

Good manual white balance would be nice, my green screen throws off the auto color adjustment. And focus zones and ranges. The background never needs to be in focus for my use, so I’d like to limit the max focus range to 6 feet or so. Many webcams focus on the most contrasty objects they can find, which is frequently a users books and book cases or their wall and picture frames instead of the person. Webcams need a way to insure that doesn’t happen.

1 Like

My Logitech app on Windows has one, even lists the color temp. It also allows you to swap from NTSC to PAL and 4:3 to 16:9

Otherwise that’s sort of where it ends. Same color, contrast, and brightness settings.

Well more than the windows app has, which appears to be only brightness.

1 Like

white balance can be dialed in (2000K – 7500K, although the tint controls are missing), and there’s a manual focus. I think it uses some sort of IR for autocus. You don’t get fancy *Eye-detection autofocus, and the optics aren’t up to the task.

1 Like

This crowd funded camera comes with a chip chart to calibrate the color balance automatically.

Not sure whether to be impressed that it comes with a calibration chip chart, or to be underwhelmed that it can’t correct the color without one.

Also claims to do a no green screen background blur effect in camera.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, so I am not going to invest in this in advance. I want to see what the finished product looks like and how it works.

1 Like

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.