Our favorite smart phone gadgets [Gadgets 007]

I was very polite, but hey, I suppose for some, a demand to be respected as a human being and as a woman is asking for “trouble”.I don’t mind. I’ll continue to demand it.

As you should. I just think you’re barking up the wrong tree if you think I wasn’t respecting women as human beings because I used the term “female” in that particular joke – especially in context of the fact that I was making fun (a.k.a. criticizing) the usage of women’s sexuality to sell a product in the first place which I think is old-timey and tired.

Oh but wait, ha ha, it was just a joke, amiright, and I lack a sense of humor? Ha ha ha.

I didn’t say you lack a sense of humor. I just was just trying (and failing, apparently) to make it clear that my intentions weren’t to dehumanize anyone in the first place.

As far as I knew, that’s just the semantic style in which Groucho told jokes back in the day. I had no idea it would be considered dehumanizing, sexist, disrespectful, MRA-ish, disconcerting, bothersome, disparaging and creepy by anyone.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.