People pay $20 to enter Rage Room and destroy things with a bat

With the 3rd spelling error that i’ve seen today i’m actually somewhat suspicious that it’s intentional. I don’t think it is, but maybe BoingBoing’s typos are part of an elaborate ARG. Winner gets a Fiji Mermaid for your wunderkammer.

2 Likes

Practicing anger sustains the anger.

7 Likes

Listen to the Helen Reddy Christmas LP, then get back to me…

4 Likes

This is… not the worst idea I’ve ever heard.

1 Like

Our local carnival has a stand like this every year where you throw heavy iron balls at bottles, old tv’s and other breakables. Great fun.

“I Am Rudolph, Hear Me Roar”?

A local psychiatric hospital reputedly had one of these in the basement for use by staff and patients. Free to use but booking required. Padded room, mannikin in the centre, a variety of blunt objects to abuse it with and no questions asked …

I’ll have to give you that one. I prefer to think of the Pete’s Dragon Helen Reddy. Much more palatable.

I knew Helen had at least one fan out there, kind of.

Bootsy Collins has the only Christmas album I am prepared to listen to. Oh, and Joseph Spence gets an honourable mention.

1 Like

There was a fenced area for this purpose at the Lollapaloo?za I went to in 91. Full of appliances and such. You could wield a bat, a huge pipe wrench, pipes or anything you could find.

It was okay I guess.

I wish you were really Rob Ford. That’s fun to imagine.

2 Likes

The Passive Aggressive Vending Machine
http://www.todayandtomorrow.net/2008/06/07/passive-aggressive-anger-release-machine/

8 Likes

Is there any peer reviewed research on whether smashing things for 15 minutes helps? I can’t recall whether I read somewhere once that it helps, or that it makes things worse.
If the research is there I guess open one in Sydney.

Am I the only one who’s thinking “Only $20? I’m pretty sure I could destroy well more than $20 worth of stuff with a bat in 15 minutes.”. If you ran out of convenient breakable items, what’s to keep someone from going after walls, light switches etc…? I certainly wouldn’t try to stop someone who’s angry enough to pay to smash things, and has a bat. That’s pretty high on my “they don’t pay me enough at this job” list.

1 Like

The person in the picture is wearing a coverall, face mask, goggles, and an armor vest. With all that, you might actually be able to make it work in the US. Or maybe not. I dunno.

Exactly. I don’t have rage or anger issues… But I am a curious ahole and know how to dismantle things. I am less interested with Busting Up a Mannequin, and more interested with What’s Behind This Wall.

1 Like

I would want way more than 5 plates. And now, because of this post, I want to go and smash stuff.

I would pay to smash the computer belonging to whoever’s responsible for that godawful recoloring job on the OMAC cover. Use a period-appropriate style!