Photo of secret documents taken by Trump reveals Mar-a-Lago's disgusting carpet

My guess is that they will find more missing documents inside the framed magazines.

4 Likes

Yeah but there are ways to mitigate that. Slide into Mylar and compressed to keep the air out, and stored in a cool environment, you can keep paper looking good for a long time. Non-pulpy/newsprint stuff has much less acid and will last longer.

Heck I have 100 year old news print, while not white, is still pliable.

Spot on. Made to hide decades of coffee stains for years to come.

13 Likes

Most best westerns I’ve been to were more tastefully decorated and more affordable.

10 Likes

Well, if we’re going there, the carpet alone should get him 5 to 10 in the slammer. :nauseated_face:

ETA:

They have a compelling offer: free federal room and board for 25 to 50 years!

16 Likes

Tacky décor paired with a metric fuckton of apparent treason; not a good look.

21 Likes

Safecracking wiseass in Los Alamos, maybe 1943/1944…

17 Likes

For anyone who doesn’t know, so you’ll know…

12 Likes

It’s like defending the rights of a president to throw fries with ketchup on a wall, but burying the lede about the tantrum that led to ketchup on the walls was his trying to get his attorney general to allege fraud to overthrow democracy.

16 Likes

Have you seen how his kids look and act? Are you sure those aren’t covered in “aliens”?

8 Likes

Also to hide ketchup stains from thrown hamberders.

5 Likes

May I suggest replacement carpet that would truly represent the horror of the Trump presidency?

13 Likes

I’m glad SOMEBODY is getting to the bottom of the important questions

4 Likes

I had a part-time gig as an assistant IT support guy in grad school and once we had to retrieve some old files off a JAZ disk. The thing was already a dust-covered relic and at that point the files were less than ten years old.

16 Likes

I first read that as “honor”. Still fits.

1 Like

That rug has had a lot of shit on it.

Good thing Trump hires a lot of foreign workers to clean when no one else is in the room.

26 Likes

Mildly OT, but please, please, please let 45 have given KR an autograph on the back of a SCI document, qualifying KR for the kind of prison stay he should have received for murdering people. Pretty please…

26 Likes

Right? In the future, there might be some stabilization of the technology for archival purposes, but the reality is that as fast as formats and computer languages go in and out of fashion, it makes it difficult to make it a platform for preservation…

15 Likes
  • It was Antifa
6 Likes

And before that, parchment, clay, etc. At each step we get more source material with the curse of drowning in riches [1]. Right now, we have (rough order) about a dozen bankers’ boxes in the storeroom that no way will all fit on any possible bookshelves we could install – all of them leather-bound, high-quality printing, mostly histories and memoires – some dating back to Collonial times and lovingly wrapped in protective plastic. And we’re going to be culling them now rather than leave them to the mercies of the estate sale.

[1] OK, there’s all that high-acid pulp rotting in private collections. Mostly a 20th century mistake.

4 Likes

I expected to see crumpled McD’s wrappers and spilled fries.

5 Likes