Pilots over LAX report "a guy in a jetpack" flying beside them

ezgif.com-gif-maker (13)

23 Likes

It’s me Rhodey! I’m in a suit!

9 Likes

9 Likes

Someday I want to respond to anything as calmly as pilots and ground crew talk to each other.I freak out if someone asks me the time.

It’s the “OK, thank you” that really kills me.

22 Likes

Hurry up and get to the Nazi punching already!

12 Likes

3000 feet seems pretty high for the existing jet packs that are commonly available. I wonder if it’s possible that the pilots mistook one of these balloons for a real guy?

12 Likes
8 Likes

18 Likes

The Rapture is already here – it’s just not evenly distributed.

15 Likes

That’s not flying. It’s falling with style.

9 Likes

“Wearing a carbon fibre wing powered by four mini jet engines, he flew to 1,800 metres (5900 feet) above sea level”

14 Likes

ATC “Your left or my left?”
Pilot “I don’t know - which way are you facing?”
ATC “I don’t know either, there’s no windows in this radar room.”
Pilot “And I had twisted around to see better. Maybe it was on my right.”
ATC “I always have to face east to remember my lefts and rights.”
Pilot “Yeah, I have to look at doorways.”
ATC “Debits by the windows, credits by the doorways. Accounting class. Assets are debits but banks debit my account to take money from me. I don’t get it.”
Pilot “Cation something. Anion something. First year physics. 'Still don’t really know…”
ATC “Hah hah, yeah. Positive results, negative results: Which is good?”
Pilot “I know, right? That’s just sinister.”
ATC “I gotta get back to my drink. I like to finish my shift with a little something.”
Pilot “Me too, but just before landing. I keep a bottle of Port on my side of the cockpit. My maladroit co-pilot has Quady’s on his side. Always the same, never varies.”

12 Likes

This would have been by goto reference, but now it is:

9 Likes

dreams of earth and sky…
dreams

1 Like

I was thinking it was Strange, but it could be a rocketeer.

2 Likes

It was probably Jetpack Aviation doing some sort of test. They are located here in LA. I think they sometimes test at the Hawthorne Airport, which is less than a half mile south and east of the LAX final approach.

4 Likes
13 Likes

Malibu is a pretty short hop from LAX; maybe this is Stark Tech.

5 Likes

They’d have a flight plan, surely?

Otherwise they would be out of business pretty fast.

3 Likes

Maybe? Do you have to file a flight plan when you are flying over the nearby airport runway only and can only be aloft for 2-3 minutes before you are out of juice?