Post a pic of your favorite toy

This is my Boba Fett. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

I have a nicer conditioned one somewhere, but all the paint missing was loving rubbed off or ingested during play.

ETA - if you don’t have a pic of YOUR toy, post one of it from the net somewhere.

15 Likes

a vintage, and complete, 1969 super spirograph, given to me as a birthday present by my wife in 2011. it complements the 66% complete original set i got for christmas the year i turned 8. it is the source of my avatar.

22 Likes

Cool. I remember using the heck out of mine.

2 Likes

My mother in law got one on ebay for my kid, though I don’t think she has used it much. I have another nearly complete older one I got at a garage sale not long ago.

1 Like

12 Likes

where’s your damn black pen? so close…

I never had the super, just the standard, and never satisfied with 4 colors, I had one of those 12 color fat ballpoint pens back then, and that was my go to pen for spirograph.

5 Likes

I have no idea if anything I could choose still exists. That is not a pleasant thought, but I guess that happens if you have three younger brothers and your parents have moved twice since you left.

6 Likes

Yeah anything from way back is probably long gone by now. Though I could take a pic of the kids lego stash as there is some of my stuff in that pile.

4 Likes

I went to summer camp, and they moved. Without me.

(Fine, it was over 20 years ago. Of course I’m over it, Mom!)

7 Likes

LOL, my parents did that to me, too, between 7th and 8th grade.

3 Likes

and @awjt

3 Likes

You made me lol hard.

So it was my vintage ~1973 Dr. Pepper machine (that I restored and improved!), but the photo wouldn’t upload right, and then the curtains right next to it literally fell down unexpectedly.

ETA - and then I wuz like, fuk it, time for another drink!

4 Likes

Tried to get a photo, but my zipper seems to be stuck… I’ll PM y’all later.

15 Likes

I thought the zipper was for the “inorganic component” though?

Also, why is there an eye chart on the wall? Is this a dual specialty practice?

11 Likes

“Read the fourth line aloud, please, while I check your prostate.”

4 Likes

I have a Veritech fighter from Robotech from when I was a kid. It’s about a foot tall, and fully transforms into all three modes, has metal joints and is really well-built. I love that thing, man… I’d send a pic but it’s at the bottom of the “toys” tote, waiting for my daughter to get a little older…

2 Likes

Is it one of these?

6 Likes

Is that the same one they remade into Jetfire for the Transformers?

I never saw Robotech as a kid. No cable, crappy TV. But as I got older in high school I did and thought they were the coolest machines ever made!

2 Likes

Yeah that’s Jetfire, and I was in college when Robotech (well the Harmony Gold one) came out. Thanks I feel old now.

2 Likes

Oh wow! I never realized… It was a hand-me-down from a family friend, and I always assumed they had added the Autobot sticker in a fit of child-like exuberance and brand irreverance. Mystery solved.

1 Like