Post Your Outdoor Recreation Pics

really nice! great pix! that bitterroot flower is really lovely.

11 Likes

Thanks for the idea—I’ve seen that done by others, at times, but had forgotten that it is there.

And thank you for your kind words.

7 Likes

I echo others! Definitely not. Having on several occasions decided to ride through a “puddle” only to end up waist deep in a “pond,” I appreciate seeing the before/after.

12 Likes

@subextraordinaire

The section just below South Street.

12 Likes

They were everywhere on that hike and were in multiple stages of bloom:

14 Likes

Beach Day. Florida panhandle

13 Likes

no beach day down south!
we got 9-10in rain and lots of local flooding. keys all the way up to palm beach. really wet tropical storm. most rain since irma!

9 Likes

We had rougher shore break up here, so I’d bet you’re in for a ride.

7 Likes

ride’s over for now. i was surprised at the stat saying that this storm (not even a hurricane) brought more rain to us than irma. irma wrecked our island!

8 Likes

Pics from a hike yesterday. A couple of centuries ago, this was a series of fishing reservoirs created by damming a creek. They’ve since fallen into disuse and disrepair, some of the reservoirs gradually turning into overgrown wetlands, others drained completely when their dams broke. In the second photo, the former bed of a reservoir is now basically just a reed meadow with the small creek meandering somewhere in the middle, not even even visible from this angle.

16 Likes

That’s pretty cool to see

4 Likes

Smack-dab in the middle of the running trail this morning. He’s going all “none shall pass” on me. With some glaring eyes.

So I hopped over him. Then on my drive back home, after the run, he (or one of his gang members) was in the road, all “none shall pass” again. Same glare.

So I picked him up and moved him to the culvert. That showed him/her who is boss.

16 Likes

Today I went over the bridge:

15 Likes

Beautiful. And a towpath running along the river?

5 Likes

That’s the same bike path leading to the overflowed spot in the previous post, which is just out of the picture to the right. Yesterday I went as far as the big puddle to check out the situation, then turned back and took the long way around to get up to the bridge:

As the water recedes, it’s muddy, smelly, and teeming with life:

(I took a little video of the tadpoles swimming around, that I tried to post to the Pets-and-Animals-Pics topic, but bbs doesn’t let me upload it until I learn to convert it from mp4 somehow.)

13 Likes

Took the kayaks into the marsh, we live on the water so it’s a short paddle down a couple canals to get there.

I’d rather hike in Florida around the alligators than paddle around swans with babies. We steered clear, there are a crap ton of families back there so we didn’t go very far in.

My wife says I can get a new mirrorless camera and 300mm lens but I I’m still on the fence with my 12 year old Nikon DSLR. I can take it in the kayak without fear of drowning it or banging it around. But miorrorless would be awesome.

14 Likes

Great pix! Gorgeous birds.

My Florida splashing around contributed to an infection I had to have surgically excised. So I’m laid up for a few weeks.

Here’s my outdoor foray today, all I could manage before collapsing back down. Picked around 10lbs of blueberries. In a couple days I’ll pick around 10lbs more, then 10 more next week. All frozen up I’ll be good for the coming year.

18 Likes

For some reason the name Violet Beauregarde just popped into my head.

8 Likes

She seems to be trending across the BBS. Chocolate vats and whatnot.

7 Likes

Yikes!! Outdoor Recreation is supposed to be healthy and good for us! Get well soon!!

8 Likes