Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

That is Sissy. Once upon a time she was the young whipper snapper, but now that is Lucy’s role.

The notorious BOB somehow managed to break his foot a while back… The vet thought that it was healing fine and didn’t need a wrap, but a week later he was favoring it even more, so now he has a giant wrap. (He’s a stoic ol’ street cat who doesn’t wince or cry when the vet manipulates it)

We cut it back a bit at the top (the vet tech got a bit carried away).
I also got some nifty infant owl socks to put over it so that if he gets “crud” on there I can just toss em in the wash and put on a clean one.

15 Likes

The last stray I had when I still lived in St. Louis took his yearly visits to clean up whatever wound in stride for the most part. At least till something gave him a puncture wound on his side and when it finally opened up it needed stitches an overnight stay and collar to keep him from licking it for a few days. Never had to take him in for injuries again so I guess he learned something.

7 Likes

He looks like an awesome dude! I hope he heals up well.

3 Likes

Bob has a rib or part of his sternum sticking out of his chest from his street days. The first time that I was able to catch him, he had a major wound on one of his front legs – he managed to get away from me and it was months later that I was finally able to catch him and hold on… He always seemed like the fiercest badass when he was on the street, but about a week after I caught him, he was well on his way to becoming the biggest cuddly loverboy in the house.

9 Likes

Edward and his brother from another mother enjoying their lil’ cardboard lounger/scratchers.

11 Likes

Psyche, my eleven year old, demures.

9 Likes

Those are so cute! And what a smart idea – life hack, I believe the kids are calling it these days – to use an infant sock as a cast cover.

(Out of likes, for the second time today.)

3 Likes

12 Likes

In Boston, there’s a housing development that has a bunch of white squirrels living in it. It’s freaky to walk through and see them. It’s like the image switched to negative or something.

I live far out of the city, and we have gray and red squirrels, and the red ones, while much smaller, are total bullies to the gray ones. I guess they have Napoleon syndrome or something. When I see them it’s almost always because they are being a jerk to a gray squirrel.

4 Likes

Did you know hedgehogs can be pretty handy?

12 Likes
7 Likes

Her Highness, not entirely enjoying role-playing games.

Trepidation on discovering the entrance to the dungeon.

15 Likes

“Hey Princess P, it’s photo time! How do you feel about that?”

14 Likes

A noble profile.

16 Likes

Nose lick.

16 Likes

If you ever stop posting princess P pics I will hunt you down!

…and make you take moar pics.

11 Likes

I will maintain the goal of never letting this thread die, for it is the best thread. It must persist through the ages for the greater good.

16 Likes

Where the hell did you find those wine bottles and other mini hedgehogs!?

3 Likes

We got the mini-wine bottles when we were in Rome at some kitschy gift store. It was the only souvenir I got, but they seemed perfect for her. The mini-hedgies were off Amazon sold as little fairy-garden accessories. We’ve got kids so we’ve built up various toys and things over the years for sets.

4 Likes