Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

Are you posting it from 1997?

8 Likes

She does have a startup working on disrupting Manners and Politeness as a Service using a dynamic cloud platform for delivering the infrastructure of manners, refinement, sophistication, and politeness to the enterprise. On the down side employees work 80 hours a week for no pay with the hope that everyone in the company run by a hedgehog and a cow will get equity.

12 Likes

i cannot like this enough. it may be one of the best things on the 'tubes.

oh, and i totally asked to be linkedin with the mighty princess. any startup founder that amazing needs to be in my professional network.

4 Likes

Thanks, it actually made the front page on Hacker News which was crazy - 10,000 hits in a day. I regret that I’ve been a mix of tired/distracted/sick and haven’t gotten to working on her presidential campaign yet. This is something that really needs to be done:

8 Likes

she’d wipe the floor with Trump. Princess P 2016!

6 Likes

Really, though, I hope you feel better :smiley:

10 Likes

She’ll definitely be campaigning on a platform of Pet’s Rights and fighting institutionalized pet prejudice. The writing part’s really simple, but getting the photos/illustrations done is what’s gotten me to cringe when I think about it since the sets would be hard and I don’t like the idea of Photoshopping her into everything. Though now that I think about it, if I did just go with compositing images I could put her in the chair Clint Eastwood was talking to, put her head on that horrible Ted Cruz tattoo photo, put her into debates with closed-captioning saying “Unintelligible Sniffing,” and the attack ads are rich with material.

Here she is with her campaign advisor visiting Alabama:

And practicing civil disobedience:

16 Likes

¡Viva la Revolución!

7 Likes

I learned that a prickle party is self-anointing. Did not know that. Could be useful in a tight race.

5 Likes

Clint Eastwood explaining to Princess Pricklepants that we’d be better off with an empty chair than her.

12 Likes

President Princess Penelope Pricklepants
Pro-Pet’s Rights
Prickle Party 2018

15 Likes

Well, despite 8 hours of driving and losing one phone, Sophie’s audition went well, and I found a lot of Cedar Waxwings in Nacogdoches today. One of my favorite birds, and a pain to get a decent photo of:

21 Likes

Wow! One like to give doesn’t seem adequate to the beauty of those photos.

6 Likes

Aw thanks, I’ve gotten better waxwing shots, but boy are they a pain to get a photo of. Fast, busy, paranoid, and preferring to hang out in the tops of tall trees is not a fun mix for a photographic subject. But they are such lovely birds, always wonderful to spot and hear.

My favorite shot I’ve gotten so far is:

followed by

17 Likes

those first two: I know the frustration of the subject’s back and tail being in ideal light and the head juuuuuuuuuuust barely out of it must have been palpable. it puts me on edge just looking at it.

ETA: that next group, the one in flight is an incredible shot. really really good!

3 Likes

Those birds are trolls. The blown hilights on the first one make me cringe, and I wouldn’t post any on a photo forum/portfolio, but they do show how beautiful cedar waxwings are. They were raiding that bush for about five minutes before they vacated to hang out in the tops of the cypresses.

4 Likes

16 Likes

The voting photo shoot was more challenging than it might have looked

13 Likes

Did you guys see my hedgehog in the Trump/Pricklepants/Clinton debate? It was amazing.*

*In my imaginary world where this happens.

16 Likes

Probably ravens, but yes, it is an absolute riot. Corvids can be such trollies.

2 Likes