Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

The first time you catch them snuggling is great. Try to get a pic of the inevitable butt-to-butt stealth cuddle!

6 Likes

Long discursion on work Zoom today about various people running across frighteningly large gangs of frighteningly large raccoons.

12 Likes
8 Likes

pNGuqEG

8 Likes
11 Likes

apologies in advance for spamming the thread with these beautiful birbs, they just make me feel so happy when they visit. they have become used to me and my curious camera.
this pretty just poses for me!

still trying to catch a shot of the little woodpecker pair, but they are very shy

17 Likes

It is, to quote the title, its entire purpose in existing.

13 Likes

There’s a Grey Butcherbird that visits my back deck almost every day [1]:

Billy the Butcher.

[1] Partly because they’re naturally very bold and inquisitive, partly because I give him a tiny bit of bacon fat once a month or so.

17 Likes
14 Likes

Finally! A decent pic of mr. woodpecker! here he is drinking water from the spaces in between the palm fronds out front. I just think they are beautiful, but so shy!

22 Likes

Our lorge orange boy certainly thinks that he should be ruling the roost.

8 Likes

2 of the momarchs have successfully completed metamorphosis. I was lucky enough to catch one still warming her wings. Below is a chrysalis going transparent.

22 Likes

Nice pictures; what’s the camera?

5 Likes

Thanks! Just my cell cam, samsung galsxy s9. It helped that today was beautiful with bright but diffuse light.

3 Likes

“I’m ignoring you.”
“I was ignoring you first.”

Like a cheap Wes Anderson movie, but with less budget for rulers, set squares and mirrors.

19 Likes

4 more have emerged and flown off. Top pic was 9am, bottom pic 12pm.

23 Likes

I’m sure it must be as much fun as a film directed by him.

7 Likes

Nossa, que bonita!

Very beautiful. Congratulations.

3 Likes
11 Likes

another rainy Saturday in the Conch. First sighting of Mr. Cardinal at the feeder. He is a little confused as to the pecking order - the bluejays are aggressive and the woodpeckers DGAF, but he’ll figure it out. Also, Ms. Cardinal got some yummy seeds from the feeder before the jays chased her off.

18 Likes