Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

:rofl: :rooster: :rooster:

17 Likes

donaldsutherlandinvasionofthebodysnatchers.jpg

6 Likes

southerland_2

???

11 Likes

Chickens: OMG! WTF IS WRONG WITH HER?!! AAAAAAAA!!!
Geese: Seriously, though. What the fuck is wrong with you?

15 Likes

thanks, didn’t have it handy lol

9 Likes
10 Likes

Geese to hawk: FUCK OFF. WE’RE THE ARSEHOLES HERE.

geese

13 Likes

My lizardy friends are still around:

I nearly trod on one in the shed earlier. I’m not sure if there are a bunch of them, or if it’s just one lizard with a talent for getting underfoot.

Bunch of magpies and kookaburras in the trees now, too.

19 Likes
8 Likes

Before the pandemic, the kitten already exercised social distance.

untitled (3)

The miracle of the zoom.

untitled (4)

18 Likes

That’s the second one I’ve seen going down the driveway today. And there was one rustling around in the woodpile as well.

18 Likes

Oh! A camera!

WASSUP?!

Go away!

Somehow these kittens reminded me of the cover of an album that I used to listen to in the 1980s.

18 Likes

18 Likes

Trying to work while the city’s parrots (:parrot:–> not red, but green) chatter loudly in the tree behind our home. Caught one landing in the tree

Since they’re green and hyperactive, it’s hard to see them in the tree and take pictures of them

They need to learn to chillax.

16 Likes

A sneaker sneaking around.

16 Likes

“Your Guide to Trail Etiquette: Rule 12: Tiger Snakes always have right of way.”

This morning’s bike ride.

(ETA link)

19 Likes

You are right. It is wise always remember to respect the reptiles, especially the venomous snakes.

8 Likes

Oh, you Australians and your zany pets. :wink:
Nowhere near as scary, but I was hiking in the southeast US a couple years ago, plenty of miles away from roads and such. There was a big snake across the trail but it looked like a fat garter snake so I started to step over it. Leg halfway over before I heard the foreboding rattle.
I didn’t know I could walk backwards that quickly with a full backpack!

12 Likes

Growing up in Arkansas I had plenty of chances for encounters with venomous snakes, at least for an American. Rattlesnakes can be scary, especially in tall grass, but they are very even-tempered and are really focused on not being stepped on and not wasting their venom. They’ll rattle, and when you give them a chance, they’ll leave. Copperheads are also generally shy.

Cottonmouths are just assholes. If they’re on the path it’s their path. You can find some other path, monkey. They’ll actually come at you if you get too close. And they’re even more aggressive when they’re in water.

13 Likes

The only time I came face to face with a snake in nature was at an inn on the coast of the state of Bahia.

I don’t know if this was a real coral snake, which is venomous, or a fake one, which only pretends to be venomous in order to avoid predators and boring people.

Just in case, I stayed away from her and left the bedroom door locked.

13 Likes