Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

Que bonito!

What a beautiful picture and cat.

10 Likes

The light covers up all the hair quite well…
the afternoon light is not quite as favorable:
Boika’s reclining nude

19 Likes

Study in the floof.

13 Likes

14 Likes

So Texas is frozen. I saw this poor little house wren taking shelter in our front door alcove. Next time I went outside to gather snow for the toilet tanks (no water) I crushed and scattered some stale walnuts around. Cats have been entranced. I can’t take pics because of the screen though. It felt good to do something for our poor shocked wildlife

20 Likes

21 Likes

What’s the 2nd pic? It looks very similar to our red breasted nuthatch, but the beak is slightly different, and according to the range maps, they don’t go that far south.

5 Likes

Just look at this Bananaquit. I coudn’t resist writing this.

You’re right. It isn’t the same bird. The Bananaquit is only found between Central America and the Pampas of southern Brazil.

The Bananaquit looks like the Red breasted nuthatch wearing casual friday attire.

The 1st and 2nd picture shows the very same bird. I think the same three birds come to the feeder everyday. They must live nextdoor.

10 Likes

True, or “Hawaiian shirt Friday,” lol.

The colors look so different from the first to second pic, I wouldn’t have guessed they were the same.
What lovely visitors!

8 Likes

I think It is the light and the White balance of the camera that caused the confusion.
I took these pictures during the carnaval, as the party was cancelled and I couldn’t leave home. I was plenty of time and took one good picture by morning, other one by dusk.

5 Likes

Yeah, we still have the tripod set up on our feeder (through the window, as it’s freezing cold here right now) and the birds look so different depending on whether it’s overcast or blue skies. All except the cardinal, he’s always a flaming red glory.

That hummingbird photo is really good! I haven’t messed around with the speed settings yet, so all of my “in flight” snaps are blurry so far. We’re trying to get a good set of still shots, one of each or our regular visitors, to print and do a gallery hanging type thing in my home office. :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

Thank you.

Your idea is very good. Maybe someday i will try to print my photos too.

Here are some more snapshots of the nervous bird:

18 Likes

in 2019, mrs. navarro and i traveled to africa to see the great migration with our own eyes. it was profoundly moving.

we saw four crossings in one day at different points along the mara river. these pics are from the first one. they all started the same with herds of wildebeests milling about on the bluffs above the river

eventually some of the braver ones would pace along the bank

finally, one would start to cross

then a trickle

to a stream

and then a boiling mass of animals straining for their lives

the zebras cross about halfway through the crossing, almost as if they wanted any potential crocodiles to eat their fill of wildebeest before they went

of course there are always predators waiting on the other side as well

on the other side they spread out into the tall grass that is their winter pasture

26 Likes

Squirrels gone wild

Enjoy 25:50 of critter and human life in my backyard (compressed to 2:35)

18 Likes

This is really impressive.

I was here imagining the sound these animals must have made. Thousands of hooves trampling the land and all the confusion as they crossed the river.

It must have been breathtaking.

13 Likes

squirrel GIF

14 Likes

thank you. it was truly an experience that effected us to the core of our being. almost beyond the ability of words to express.

eta–the sounds and smells, the taste of dust in the air, it was a sensory overload entirely expressive of the struggle for survival writ very, very large.

17 Likes

Yep. Clearly my money is on Wayne.
One hundred storeys of feline fury.

9 Likes

Godzilla might have made it, if Wayne hadn’t seen Godzilla’s tail disappearing behind that skyscraper. King Kong lasted a little longer, but once he wandered close to the edge of the mesa he was done for.

6 Likes

Horribly, from the villain Wayne’s point of view, Godzilla is nothing more than a squeaky toy and Kong pretty much a scratching post.
I hate my brain sometimes.
But Wayne is a fuckin villain.

6 Likes