Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

Yeah, can’t remember where I saw it, maybe the SFFF years ago? It’s not streaming anywhere is it? I’d love to see it again.

3 Likes

Looks like it’s streaming here: https://www.cultureunplugged.com/documentary/watch-online/festival/play/7135/Ray-Bandar--A-Life-with-Skulls

5 Likes
11 Likes

Very interesting. It’s often said that some people seem to care more for animals that other people. TIL that the themes of ownership and sensitization explain a lot. I have relatives who don’t have pets and they shake their heads at how much is spent on them vs. hungry and unhomed humans. I hope that lessons on how to do better can be accelerated, though. Humans have had pets for a very long time, while their relationship with nature seems to gotten worse with colonization and industrialization.

11 Likes

UPDATE: The biologists have concluded that the whale (a juvenile) appears to have been killed by a boat strike. Sad, fin whales are an endangered species.

15 Likes
17 Likes

Myrtle in her box (well, one of her boxes) in my office. A high class kitty in low class digs. She likes what she likes. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

21 Likes

17 Likes

Our cat, Petey, harasses the bots. He will follow them around and tap them to get them to change direction and then he will keep on tapping them when they go back to the charge station so that they have to re-dock. Sometimes I will find the poor bot with a dead battery inches away from the charger in the morning.
I should probably arm them with knives.

16 Likes

Since Leo’s FIV seems to be a bit worse than the other boy’s, we have kept him completely isolated in our bedroom. We did let him socialize, but the sniffles that one of the other cats had turned into a big respiratory issue for Leo. Since he doesn’t get much exercise, I have been taking him out in the back yard. I initially just walked him around with a harness and leash, but since he seemed so well behaved, I just started letting him run loose (under supervision). Who would’a guessed that this chonk can jump a 2 m high fence? I have had to drive around the block a couple times now to retrieve him from the neighbor’s yard. At least they have 3 more layers of fence that he would need to get over in order to make it to the next street. I’m going to have to keep him on the leash again.

17 Likes

Move a cat tree to a different location and it is suddenly brand new.

19 Likes

You can never give me any gruff about my boys again. :rofl:

It was way too hot here today, and all the windows were open (since we don’t have central air). Managed to grab a pic of Tailless Wonder, The Master, and Giant Kitten (not quite 14 months old) in the front windows. Kinda gives perspective on just how big Logan is already.

Bonus speeding car on the street outside.

18 Likes

Siri is my dog a vampire

19 Likes

The floof reminds me of:

10 Likes

This is our mini Schnauzer, Jesse. She passed about a month ago at age 15. Our household has not been the same since. Sweet girl.

24 Likes

What a great dog! I’m very sorry for the loss of your friend.

17 Likes

Tortoise-butt. Not mine. Aldabran tortoise at the zoo.

Meeting of the snouts.

Just pissed I missed an amazing shot of him swimming under a clutch of ducklings.

This old girl has the most remarkable horn I’ve ever seen: it’s practically cubic.

12 Likes

Wild bunny nest. My MIL uncovered it this afternoon while planting this year’s annuals. There are four babies with fat milk tummies in there (only three visible in the photo). Kiddo is over the moon. After much squeeing, we carefully put the nest’s top back together over the babies. Hoping we didn’t accidentally orphan the little buggers in the process.

20 Likes

Peter Rabbit Aww GIF by Sky

10 Likes

Swan in Töölönlahti, Helsinki, Finland.

16 Likes