Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

angry looney tunes GIF

8 Likes

20 Likes

“We need to talk”

7 Likes

Australia. We don’t just lock up refugees. (Yes, I know this isn’t the place for bitterness, but it was the first thing I thought when I see these guys.)

(Taken on a ride past a local army base. These are defence kangaroos.)

18 Likes

I don’t know… they don’t seem jacked enough…

kangaroo buff GIF

16 Likes

Alpha Cat is just a wee bit judgy

20 Likes

I think it’s a small pearl-bordered fritillary AKA silver-bordered fritillary.

17 Likes

Common brimstone (Gonepteryx rhamni)

15 Likes

19 Likes

Just look at it !!!

9 Likes

17 Likes
7 Likes

What, no Cujo? Old yeller?

7 Likes

Ordinary-looking houseplant, right?

ENHANCE!

Wren chick waiting for sibs to hatch.

ETA These are Carolina wren eggs. (Thryothorus ludovicianus) This bird will build nests just about anywhere.

From Bent’s Life Histories of Familiar North American Birds: “Nests of the more domestically inclined wrens have been reported in a great variety of nooks and crannies in, about, or under buildings of various kinds, under bridges, or in holes in fence posts. Almost any kind of receptacles left lying around, such as tin cans, coffee pots, pails, small baskets, pitchers, or empty boxes may be used. Old discarded hats and caps or the pockets of old clothes, coats, or overalls, left hanging in sheds or on porches, may offer acceptable nesting sites. Nests have been found in mail boxes, bird boxes, old hornets’ nests, and ivy vines growing over porches; and the nest is sometimes built in an unused cupboard or on a mantel shelf inside a house.” Others report nests in flower pots, a leaf blower, on top of propane tanks, the mounting bracket for a satellite dish, around a push lawnmower blade, inbetween folded seat cushions, and a cardboard box.

Their eggs are very small:

19 Likes

Sounder? :sob:

5 Likes

Then there is Chuck the Wonder Dog from the Up the Creek. A minor entry in the “R-rated 80’s Comedy” genre featuring the reunion of Otter and Flounder from Animal House. Still playing college students 6 years later in their 30’s

4 Likes

Or

5 Likes

Hosehead is best dogger

6 Likes

Wow. I remember seeing that movie at the theater when I was 12!

3 Likes

Yes! Hosehead is the best!
Just remember to feed him properly and on time.

hosehead-strange-brew (2)

6 Likes