Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

She’s living fully in all the moments across varying levels of reality and different time zones all at the same time, so turbo Zen maybe?

15 Likes

2 flying squirrels are eating from our hanging suet feeder! I kept hearing the chain jingle and finally caught them with my flashlight. Trying to figure out how to position a trail cam to get some pics…

14 Likes

He looks awful familiar. This guy was a feral since 2017, he became a regular in our yard in the spring of 2018. We took care of him and his mom outside for 3 years. His mom is still around and sleeps in a heated house in our yard. Any cat that wanders into our yard gets trapped and spayed or neutered and the released again. The first photo you can see his ear was tipped when we first got him fixed.

Here is some of his journey into the inside world.

He made us real nervous as a kitten. He would climb that tree like it was nothing. (side note: my great aunt and neighbor’s grandma planted that tree in 1964) We live on the water, he also swam that canal a couple times.

Earlier this year something attacked him and needed surgery so we made a make shift hospital in the garage while he healed. While he was recovering I found out one of our neighbors had been trying to catch him to remove him and not in a good way so we brought him inside.

He lived in that big cage in his own room for several weeks. Gradually we let him out in his own room and then later into the house with the other cats. Now he has the run of the house but he still likes to go to bed in his cage at night. The other cats accepted him quickly, there are still occasional cat fights but it’s more playing than anything harmful. He’s still very much a kitten while the others are geriatric.

TL;DR give him a forever home, you won’t regret it.

16 Likes

My cat Pastel started showing up at my doorstep, so I started feeding her along with my other cats. Eventually, she invited herself inside and never chose to leave. :man_shrugging:

17 Likes

We currently have a squirrel that would like in. She’s stepped into the kitchen to get nuts but runs right out.

This was this morning. Getting out of bed and looking outside every morning is always a treat.

15 Likes

Does a kitten have the buddha-nature?

5 Likes

Such a handsome boy! From the location of his wounds, he was trying to get away from whatever attacked him; he wasn’t the aggressor :cry:. Very nice save on your part. (I’ll refrain from saying anything about your neighbor.)

11 Likes

Remember me saying this guy is anything but normal. Heard a crash in the laundry room, uh oh, where’s Harry? I really really want to know what’s going on in his tiny little brain.

19 Likes

A good place to hide and sleep, if only there wasn’t so much stuff in the way.

My cat Pastel regularly opens my nightstand doors and lower drawers of the dresser so she can crawl inside. First, I tried magnetic holders, but she was too strong for those, so I bought some roller catches yesterday. We’ll see if she can get past those.

14 Likes
19 Likes

I don’t know why it never occurred to me to wallpaper a ceiling instead of drywalling it. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

16 Likes

The weird thing is, it appears to be vinyl. :confused:

12 Likes

and the cat’s steps aren’t interrupted, meaning there are no ceiling joists…

8 Likes

I suspect it was a cosmetic fix for an ugly ceiling.

12 Likes

Every so often I get a glimpse of how terrifying and mysterious my pupper’s ancestors must have seemed to early humans.

22 Likes

She was sitting with me but wanting to sit with her.

18 Likes

Or wanting you both to sit squished together so she can drape herself over both? One of our cats likes that. I figure it’s because the increase in petting or a way of one-upping the other cats

14 Likes

This is such a great feeling. And I really had to check back to make sure it wasn’t a wolf in the distance.

7 Likes
7 Likes

Lady sparrow.

Just this week I learned that sparrows have sexual dimorphism. These birds officially arrived in Rio in 1903, brought by a mayor who was on a crusade to modernize and “beautify” the city. According to historians, the sparrows were supposed to eat the mosquitoes and give an “European” atmosphere to the capital of Brazil at the time.

15 Likes