Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

Good cat catch.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve never used the Pip search engine. Any good?

6 Likes

There is also need for a duck, but ducksā€¦ Doā€¦

4 Likes

Such wonderful kitties!

6 Likes

lynx was too obvious, eh?

7 Likes

Pip was adopted before we had the naming convention.

11 Likes

Itā€™s rare that I can get all the kitties in the same photo. Here are (L to R) Mr. Stud, Iris, Manny Pearl and Sylvia.

25 Likes

Mr Stud and Sylvia are older, 12 and 11 years, so they are not interested in any shenanigans. They just want to be warm and lazy.

At less than a year old, Manny Pearl is composed almost entirely of shenanigans, which is why Syliva is looking down at him like that. Luckily Iris is only one and a half, so sheā€™s up for rough and tumble play. It takes the heat off the old folks when Manny wants to play the-floor-is-lava, or look-its-a-real-mouse.

16 Likes

Chaplin digs his ugly Christmas sweater.

22 Likes

Aw, Iā€™m getting cat envy. So much floof!

9 Likes

An old pic, but I came across it while archiving files:

She grew into the ears and the leash, and out of the collar, rather quickly.

17 Likes

Dang, and here I thought we were pushing the Siamese ownership window with two!

What a lovely lot. I hope to melt all 4 of ours in front of the fire yet this year for a firsty group shot.

[edt] Yay, another Boinger has an old house!

7 Likes

Hundred and twelve year old house here. You can tell when it gets cold outsideā€¦ or warmā€¦ or really anything in between. In a way itā€™s a lot like camping, but with warm showers and a fridge.

9 Likes

Youā€™re mentioning 5 cats, but I only count 4. Do you have a photo of the missing one?

4 Likes

My brotherā€™s girlfriendā€™s dog, Jax the German Shepherd. Heā€™s a very smart boy.

His phrase for fetch is ā€œgo find itā€. I told him ā€œgo find a stickā€, while waving a stick at him. He searched around the yard, but because we had landscaping a few weeks ago, couldnā€™t find any deadwood. So he ran over to the laurel bush and yanked a branch off of it, and brought it to me.

I cut off the small bits, so that it was a good stick and we played fetch for about an hour.

I dearly miss Toby. Heā€™s been gone almost a year now, and I still occasionally have flashbacks to the night he died. He died in a lot of pain. I thought Iā€™d see him in the morning, but I decided to dick around staying up late, and I was out having a cig when mom and dad threw open the back door, sobbing and told me he was dead.

Toby wasnā€™t a smart dog, like Jax. But Toby loved me with all he had, and trusted me completely. I miss him, and I miss his deep understanding of me.

15 Likes

Manny Pearl is a two part name, a riff on the great Minnie Pearl. When he was a 3 week old kitten, and it started to look like heā€™d survive, he made himself heard. From across the house, even, so I started yelling HOWDY back at him. And, he was Minnie Pearl for a couple of weeks until surprise: balls!

12 Likes

That part of the house in the photo is more than 110 years old, though the newest part (the bit with the indoor plumbing) is only 60 years old.

9 Likes

Are you awake yet?

24 Likes

You should check out my maker-fu in the maker thread: easy hide-in-plain-sight window draft protectors for virtually no cost. Perfect with old painted window frames (our building was built in the 1880ā€™s, which for Chicago is practically prehistoric).

7 Likes

Admittedly this is not my cat, and I am not the gentleman cat owner in the background, but I love this pic because itā€™s so representative of the supremacy of a Siamese cat in a household.

16 Likes