Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

This also happened:

21 Likes

Oh, the legs in the air are killin’ me! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

16 Likes

Omg. Those little legs are the most adorable thing I’ve seen since you posted a pic of Penelope (maybe? Or perhaps Perdita) with a gorgeous little tongue poking out.

Meanwhile, one of the pups I’m dogsitting at the moment has hiccups. Combined with her snoring, I’m having trouble controlling my laughter. So much cute! (No pics, sorry… don’t want to wake them.)

11 Likes

The legs in the air reminds me of an Edward Gorey illustration, for some weird reason.

8 Likes

There is a very loose connection in that my laptop’s in the shop (spilled tea on it and now it doesn’t charge) and I’m languishing in the slough of despond a world without Photoshop or Synfig (with which a planned Gorey-esque animation in stalled production), hence the return to photos with miniatures and sets.

8 Likes

If I had a domestic hedgehog, I’d be staging dioramas of Edward Gorey illustrations (enlarging figures, pasting them on cardboard stock or whatever, and then positioning Princess as ‘the Doubtful Guest’. You have a broader creativity and for that we are grateful.

7 Likes

Manny Pearl: cute dude.

17 Likes

#Manny Pearl: THIEF

He comes up onto my desk at least once a day to see what he can steal. I have a piece of knotted rope that is his favorite (it’s part of my frayed knot / 'fraid not joke) but when that’s been taken, he’ll go for something else. Today, it was a packet of mixed nuts.

16 Likes

Niko Tobiko:

Nori aka Noodle:

20 Likes

1:55 AM dog. I think he’s tired.

18 Likes

You have a physical prop for the frayed knot joke?

14 Likes

Millie the Schnauzer has retired for the evening.

20 Likes

When we replaced some very old double hung windows, I kept a piece of the rope and the knot that actually held the window up on one side. It wasn’t particularly frayed, until one of the kitties helped out with the styling.

17 Likes

We got sooooo much more snow than we were expecting! Madeline is up to her belly (higher in some places), and she is so very, very happy.

21 Likes

Bonus porch pet the II:

Tough little guy, found her just after a rare freeze.

19 Likes

Biggest stick is bestest stick.

16 Likes

The golden we had when I was a kid would have insisted on bringing that stick home…

12 Likes

Hola amigos!

23 Likes

Some photos from Animal Kingdom in Disney World

siamang synchronicity

flying fox close-up

siamang brachiating magnificently

get blue heron posing nicely

meerkats are always awesome to see

scimitar-horned oryx - beautiful creatures extinct in the wild - people: the worst

sleepy hippo close-up

crocodile smile

I actually would have liked to sleep there…

white rhino

a very noble looking marmoset

meerkats cooperating

meerkats not cooperating

21 Likes

The gibbon and siamang display/habitat at Disney World’s Animal Kingdom is pretty much my favorite thing in Disney World. There’s currently an 8-month old gibbon in the white faced gibbon family that’s totally adorable.

14 Likes