Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

And that they are not either being fed by one, aren’t biting one, or aren’t being scritched by one… :wink:

7 Likes

All that floof is making my fingers twitch . . . Portland got a cat cafe and I think I need to go to there.

10 Likes

The boys

Eearnggghhhh

Softworks

18 Likes

Mona and the Prickly Pear Massacre:

It’s Strawberry Sunday, but the neighbor’s prickly pears were more handy.

17 Likes

(the horror)

18 Likes

Nori (portrait)

18 Likes

Snuggle

Niko has a plan

19 Likes

Maker’s Mark at a Tabby Cat, that sounds like the makings of a lovely evening.

11 Likes

Brothers

Happiness is a small box

22 Likes

Very cute! thanks for sharing

7 Likes

Your guy with the bold print is gorgeous. Everytime you post his photo, I see our dude who we lost a year ago (just shy of 19!). Same eye color and same white in chin/mouth area, too.

9 Likes

Not enough reptile love here. This is Jaws the snapping turtle, who was a house guest for a year. Seriously dumb creature who would strike at a finger tapping the glass of his tank, shooting himself backwards, and then do it again, and again. He was rescued newly hatched bobbing on the surface of a bass hole, they’re not supposed to float but apparently he had gas. Photo 2 was at his release, much grown and healthy. Best fun was dropping a feeder cricket in his tank and watching him chase it in circles caused by the filter current.

16 Likes

Beach face.

22 Likes

whiskey is such a comfort.

2 Likes

Mixi, enjoying the sun. She’s an exotic, and turns into a furry ball of fury if you touch her tummy … despite the apparent invite implied in that photo. Her brother, Monty, is a goof.

13 Likes

Flooftrap.

4 Likes

Nori helping to make the bed.

Fort Niko

17 Likes

Thirty-five yard line…

Fifteen…

Touchdown!

@gellfex

20 Likes

Thanks. I’m pretty much shut in between working from home and having a five-month-old, and my phone is basically my only good camera. Between that and aggressively avoiding the news, I’m kind of hogging the thread.

Niko is our Southwestern Least Chinstrap Kittle. He reminds us of our late Max, though smaller (for now?). Apparently that is “classic tabby” coloration, along with the common tabby features of a flat kawaii face and a substantial belly. When we went to the Humane Society to pick a cat (we’d already basically decided on Nori, our lanky mackerel), Niko was bouncing off of the walls and roof of his cage and launching himself at anyone who might pet him or play with him. Nori, meanwhile, was moping in the back of his cage because his brother had just been adopted, leaving him alone. I put my foot down and decreed that we could not have three cats…

They chase each other around, scrap like mad, and then curl up together when they’re exhausted.

Great shot…tells the whole story.

11 Likes

Exactly like our guy. My childhood friend’s sister was living at their grandfather’s ranch–where people dumped their cats and she’d take them in–and the female barn kitty had kittens. Pablo came up to me and made himself the center of like 20+ cats and kittens. Just the friendliest cat ever with everyone who visited us and with the other cats in the house. He even liked the vets and assistants.

4 Likes