Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

Long Cat

(Phone flash too slow to catch the full stretch, alas.)

13 Likes

Peacockery:

How many can you count? Includes a couple of albino/leucistic birds.

Albino rhea:

Beginning to wonder if the Tucson Zoo is a safe place to take my kid…

11 Likes

The Cedar Waxwings have been migrating through Austin lately. They’re lovely little birds. They were perched high in a neighbor’s tree yesterday and I managed to a get few photos.

Today I was out playing Pokemon and they were all over a small Hawthorn tree nice and low munching away at berries in good light, but I didn’t bring the camera, alas. Also saw a few hundred bats by the lake… Need to remember to lug the camera around.

15 Likes

Just wondering what’s out there… . . .

; Where’s Animal Planet ??

& YAWN; I’m bored ! !

10 Likes

9 Likes

This is Stanford. We’ve seen him outside for about a week, and thought he was a feral kitten. During the week we started leaving food & water out for him, and on Saturday we went out with food and a plan to trap him, so we could evaluate whether he could be adopted, or if he just needed to be spayed/neutered & released.

We brought him some food, and instead of running away, he cuddled up to our legs and did lots of meowing. He also went at the food and water with a lot of enthusiasm. He wasn’t even bothered when we lifted him into the carrier.

So, the vet had an appointment an hour after that, and she says he’s not a kitten - he’s a super tiny grizzled old man cat. He’s missing most of his teeth, and he’s so underweight that when he lies on his front, his spine sticks up so high it looks like he has a mohawk. The vet also said he was severely dehydrated & constipated, so we’ve been trying to manage the dehydration while we wait for the results of his bloodwork.

In the photo here, he’s hanging out on my lap after getting 60ml of subcutaneous saline. The mesh tent you see behind is where he’s living for now. The poor little guy is just skin and bones and purrs. All he wants is to sit on your lap and get petted - seriously, even while he’s getting his saline injected, he doesn’t want to run away or make a fuss. He just shifts to get more comfortable and moves his paw to set it on your hand. I’m so taken with this little guy. He’s looking a lot perkier since he’s been getting the fluids, but he still hasn’t had a bowel movement. I’m trying not to get too attached yet, because we don’t have the results back from the vet, and it’s unclear if he’s going to get better or if this is palliative care.

26 Likes

You guys rock!

8 Likes

Wow, them feets! What a sweetheart.

6 Likes

You are good people. I hope he pulls through. It looks like your loving kindness has already done good things for him.

8 Likes

Awww… Here’s hoping Stanford has a few miles left in him yet :heart_eyes_cat:

8 Likes

Ditto !

7 Likes

It took him a while to figure it out, but Manny finally reciprocates on the licking. Iris literally licked shit off his ass, so it just seems fair that she get some quality ear cleaning out of the deal. He can get a little rough and bite-y, but she doesn’t hesitate to kick his ass as needed. Manny has a tendency to be an obnoxious teenager, in need of a strong paw to teach him how to properly cat, so thank dog for Iris.

17 Likes

Three 5 week kittens we just got yesterday, fostering for Liberty Humane Society. They’re still at the tottery stage, and adorable. The salt and pepper coats of 2 are interesting.

22 Likes

Hooray!!! Black kittehs are the best!!! And least adopted so thank you!!!

Signed,
Mason

20 Likes

Mommy’s pillow
+
Towel mommy used to dry her hair

The best

(Niko is totally my kitteh, while Nori is unquestionably a mommy’s boy.)

18 Likes

We had heard that also, but our last batch of 5 foster kittens had 3 black, who had no trouble at all getting adopted.

13 Likes

A perilous truce

12 Likes

• Making note to dust the keyboard…
13 Likes

They are super cute! My childhood kitty was all black, but in her old age (she lived to be 22) she was salt and pepper like the middle one.

Miss Kitty was the one who taught me how to love cats, and how to leave them alone when they need that. Truly excellent cat.

5 Likes

Google, Pip, Bing, enjoying the afternoon sunshine.

18 Likes