Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

That’s a pity to hear about the good looking bigfeet fellow. Very kind of yours, as I hear how it went.

7 Likes

7 Likes

Very cute, but just to clarify: none of these are YOUR pets, right?

2 Likes

Not mine :slight_smile:

(I double-checked the title " …or animal Pics" before posting.)

~~~ All from me through #1209 are either mine, family or friends’ ‘kidz’ ~pix by me over the decades…

Yeah, I just assumed at first you were posting your own pets, but then the long post with many different ones made me realize it might be that none of them are.

1 Like

Sometimes the madness takes me, part ii:

17 Likes

You made his last days very special, and you’re super special for doing that.

:crying_cat_face: RIP old dude.

10 Likes

Really needed something in there for scale…

12 Likes

Looks like a lot of cat!

8 Likes

Nori is our land otter.

9 Likes

Have I mentioned that Manny Pearl is a thief? I caught him stealing my breakfast, which is kefir (full-fat, no sweetener, the closest I can find to leche agria).

He didn’t steal all that is missing from the glass, he just licked all around the edges, whatever his tongue could reach.

Shenanigans.

18 Likes

Heh, my cat’s been hopping up into the kitchen sink and trying to fish stuff out of the disposal.

We make sure to run the disposal and never leave anything in there, but he can smell “good things”.

7 Likes

Cooking with Manny in the house can be a challenge.

The late great Shorty was the same way, always wanting to steal whatever smelled good. She once jumped up on the table, while we were eating, and stole a piece of fish off my plate. It happened so fast that the fish was on the ground before I knew what happened. Total Oceans 11 cat, but she knew she was cute and that no bad things would come her way.

18 Likes

It was so funny last night, I came home a bit late and everyone was in bed. I knew there was a baked potato hidden in the microwave, so I pulled open the silverware drawer, and when it hit the end of its travel it made its distinctive clatter.

And Scout came bolting into the kitchen as soon as he heard it. Skidded and failed to stop and crashed into the oven, whipped around and just silently stared at me.

“You’re making food. I must observe your ways.”

17 Likes

My standard Siamese luuuurrrvvvs yogurt. Yet, I’ve had other cats that were crazy for it. I had one that loved butter, another who inhaled lettuce and broccoli, and another that totally dug pepperjack cheese.

9 Likes

Your quilt looks like it’s coming along nicely. I don’t think you’ve mentioned it in the Maker thread.

6 Likes

The photo is about 5 years old, but it turned out well. My sister enjoyed it more than my niece, because she was just born at that time.

6 Likes

Our 8 month kitten will reject some meats, but will play with and eat green beans. She’s an odd duck, very bright but too antsy to be a cuddler. She does play fetch, I should post a video.

7 Likes

We had a cat who loved peas, but couldn’t figure out how to get them into her mouth. Eventually she learned to roll them into corners, where at last she could lift them with her tongue.

However, as a teen I figured out that if you​ put gravy/jus on vegetables, even broccoli, the cats would eat it, so I’d slowly douse all my vegetables and them slip then under the table to waiting mouths.

In retrospect, all those cats lived a long time.

10 Likes

Even if they don’t get much nutrition from them, the FIBER!!!

7 Likes