Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

You won’t believe it, but in fact she is, or can be, very friendly.

19 Likes

“Just use our pushbutton menu to select your entree, sir. We’ll trap, skin and flambe it to your specification of readiness!”

14 Likes

I’m a terrible person. I yelled at kitteh “get it, kitteh, kill that fuqer.” ''Tis a female, but is still the scourge bird that refused to fly all the way north last summer.

[Apologies to anyone who doesn’t yet hate this bird. BTW - they hunt Robin eggs. Just sayin’.]

5 Likes

Isn’t that a nuthatch? I’ve never heard of them bothering other species’ nests. I know brown-headed cowbirds do that, they’re really evil birds.

3 Likes

We recently got Her Highness a cactus dome to play in.

Cactus dome! Yay!

Seems to pass inspection.

Pardon me, good sir, would you mind leaving so I can properly enjoy cactus dome?

23 Likes

Looks a lot like a female bluejay. If not, apologies, but the bluejays shall be granted no mercy.

5 Likes

That is a beautiful photo. Pretty cat.

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure that one’s a white-breasted nuthatch, based on the length of the beak, the buffy breast and underfeathers, and the eyeline running to the neck. Jays are complicated birds. We have a lot of them here whenever I put out peanuts, and they’re really lovely, but also remarkably intelligent, which they can use to do horrifying things to other species like munch the eggs of other birds.

6 Likes

I’d likely hate them less if they didn’t hunt robin eggs and didn’t scream at me for having the audacity to enter my own back yard while they can see me. It’s not like they can fly off, or anything…

6 Likes

There’s no place like dome.

18 Likes

Yeh, BBS time. :wink:

18 Likes

The one with the nuthatch? I don’t like the nuthatch - they wet their best Nest.

6 Likes

Don’t we all. Don’t we all.

4 Likes

They’ve all got the nuthatch in them! It’s a standard British bird!

4 Likes

Manny Pearl likes to destroy headphones, about one set a month. I like it when he sits on my lap, because he is warm, but keeping the wires out of his mouth is kind of a pain in the ass.

And, I realize now that I am wearing three shades of green, and the vest totally clashes with the others. But screw it, only the cats see me and they don’t care. :scream_cat:

23 Likes

Parker. The shelter named him Peanut Butter, but it just didn’t fit. A daring escape attempt via the roof of the kittens enclosure gave an indication of what he would soon be called, especially when combined with the fact that he was different than the other kittens, the kind of hissy standoffishness that isn’t conducive to charming potential adopters. Throw in the fact that there is no door he cannot open (save the deadbolted front door… yet) and he was destined to be named after my favourite fictional thief.

20 Likes

The platonic ideal for kitties is equal parts cute and naughty, in my opinion. Lazy old kitties are wonderful too, but escape artists with personalities are wonderful!

And Parker is definitely cute!

5 Likes

Marlboro Lights has the sweetest temperament of just about any kitty I’ve met. She’s a mushy little lovington. And without being aggro at all, she’s feisty as fuck. She always wants to play-fight with 3yo Pippin, who finds it a bit much sometimes.

She’s seven months old now, and a bit small for her age, but has recently discovered the great outdoors and is all over it. Under the back fence, up on the shade cloth and the neighbour’s roof, everywhere, in the space of a couple of weeks. Constantly trying to make a break for it out the front door.

9 Likes

Thank you. He has the ‘I done bad, but ain’t I cute.’ trick down pat. Except right now, he is mad at me because he utterly DESTROYED his old cat tree (had clawed through all the sisal and too much of the support post beneath for me to feel comfortable) so I got a new one. It may be some time before I am forgiven.

9 Likes

There’s a big fat bunny that hangs out in our backyard. Sometimes, Chaplin just fails to notice him entirely, even when he’s 3 feet away. Today he spotted Mr. Frederick Bun (I named him) while he was still inside.

Obviously you can’t tell from the picture, but Chaplin was literally vibrating with excitement. If he were a cat he’d be making that chittering noise.

The bunny is easily as big as Chaplin so I really hope he doesn’t ever actually catch him, because even odds who’d win that encounter.

Edit: Frederick Bun is probably Frederica because there were like 5 baby bunnies in the yard last night.

20 Likes