Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

My Tasha chomped on my cellphone as I was holding it. She then chomped down on my finger. :ambulance:

6 Likes

ā€œOther catā€ looks like a tabby in the picture, but sheā€™s a torbie. Look at her belly and paws and the tortoise shell coloring is obvious. Also when sheā€™s in crazy cat mode, all of a sudden red patches appear in her coat - strangest thing. Torbies and calicos have a reputation of being kinda nutty, and this one lives up to that stereotype. Sweet as can be, but high maintenance, into everything and why we canā€™t have nice things. Love her to death though.

2 Likes

I have a quick question for the women, if you please.

I ran into the Humane Society aide the other day, who helped facilitate the adoption of my cats. We talked a bit about the cats, and she says, "Iā€™m _____, remember?"
I didnā€™t get her name wrong, so it wasnā€™t like "My nameā€™s not Abigail, doofus!"
Is this something I should take note of? Do I have her interest, or am I reading too much into this?

3 Likes

How about you drop an equally ambiguous hint, and see if it escalates?

3 Likes

Maybe she was flirting?

4 Likes

Thatā€™s what I was thinking, but I didnā€™t want to presumeā€¦

After she enquired about the cats, I asked how she was doing. She said something to the effect of being tired, and trying to make enough pay - but I was gushing a little about how nice it must be to work somewhere one knows one is making a difference, and itā€™s hopefully not soul-sucking.
I donā€™t know. Itā€™s people like this - the ā€œgood eggsā€ - that attract me the most, so Iā€™m worried I might be projecting.

5 Likes

You could always keep the lines of communication open with her, see where it goes. I mean, donā€™t make assumptions, but if you have an interest, you should talk to her a bit more. If that goes well, you can always ask her out. Itā€™s clear you both have an interest in the welfare of critter kind.

5 Likes

That I can do (lines of communication). She gave me her work email at the time of adoption in case I wanted to update them on the catsā€™ welfare, or if I had any questions.
I might send her a photo of the painting I made of Ruby, and see what happens.

7 Likes

You should! Itā€™s very good!

4 Likes

New puppy- Hannalore, four months old. Way too fast to get a decent picture.

8 Likes

Oh, super cute! Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

Sheā€™s a good puppers, Bront! 14/10! Would pet again!

Congrats on the new doggo!

2 Likes

Thanks. We are super excited about her, and I hope to prove up to the task of training her. At this age, she is a missile with teeth. It would be good to train her to be a rescue dog, since I donā€™t hunt much at all. Our other dogs have been Brittanies as well, but all trained for hunting or herding.
But any way, we have been on a bunch of wait lists for puppies, and finally got the call.

2 Likes

Seal Beach/La Jolla Cave
Damn this place is crowded at sundown! And Iā€™m not talking about seals!

Bonus: Found a cat wandering Tijuana at night. One 'a them Cinnabon Tabbys.

10 Likes

He can literally (almost) invite her up to see his etchings :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Desert iguana at Saguaro National Park West, a first for me.

11 Likes

Bighorn family at the Sonora Desert Museum. Monsoon clouds in the background.

10 Likes

Passionflower + bee

11 Likes

I should totally know what this is a caterpillar ofā€¦

Update:

Hereā€™s a short guide on some of the more common caterpillars, and how to attract them:

And it has better pictures.

8 Likes

Also need to ID this handsome fellow.

Maybe an Ornate Tree Lizard just starting to get breeding colors?

10 Likes