Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

Thank you. Muito obrigado. I was very lucky with the light on this day. This heron stood, wiping its feathers, as if it was posing in front of me. I seized the moment and got that image.

9 Likes

12 Likes

Mona getting prehistoric on some squash leaves.

17 Likes

More of the previous egret:

13 Likes

I believe this is a picture of @jlw’s dog shortly before emerging from the geologic isolation pod.

8 Likes

Well, look at that…

I may have to start scaling my pictures again.

2 Likes

12 Likes

This doesn’t do the scale of your dog any justice. He’s huge, but it’s not possible to tell from this handsome portrait.

3 Likes

Pacific Ocean for scale.

13 Likes

Much better.

6 Likes

Street cat. São Paulo, 2008

13 Likes

:heart: rats. They make such wonderful pets. Easy to care for, great personalities, and lots of fun. It’s just a shame their life spans aren’t longer.

8 Likes

I was pleasantly surprised by how engaging they are. Buckwheat is my first pet rat, and he is much more personable than the pet mice I had as a kid and about on par with guinea pigs. His mother Violet and her cage buddy Daisy are less cuddly, possibly due to their longer exposure to classroom shenanigans, but still quite friendly, Daisy especially. Violet probably doesn’t have too much longer to live because she has some rapidly growing mammary tumors, but so far she’s still active and comfortable. Like you said, that short lifespan …

6 Likes

12 Likes

Rio de Janeiro.

10 Likes

S-cat

12 Likes

Fwiff

Fwuff

Fou Pantalon

12 Likes

Who let the seagulls out?

Dublin, 2013.

6 Likes

Laundry day

11 Likes

How did you get the background so black?

2 Likes