Proud Christian Nationalist Marjorie Taylor Greene "melts down" after Maddow segment on history of Christian Nationalism

As already noted, you can be pretty sure that she has absolutely no clue who Gerald L.K. Smith was.

2 Likes

MTG to the bathroom mirror one morning, “It’s like… Christianity… but Nationalistic… or Nationalism… but Christian… Oh, if only I could think of a way to express this idea.”

5 Likes

Noteworthy is that not a single republican is condemning her. Not one.

Not surprised but damn.

14 Likes

Wow…

Bigot-splaining; now that’s a new one.

13 Likes

Love to see Maddow residing rent free in that bigot’s tiny brain. Hope Rachel keeps it up.

9 Likes

The problem with calling it the American Taliban is that it offshoots the thinking that this is somehow borrowed from Islam.

It’s not. It’s clear Christian viewpoints and has been since the KKK if not before.

ETA:

Blaming Muslims for what Christians are doing and even lumping them in with this is islamophobic. The Muslims of the Taliban have nothing to do with what the Christofascists in the US are doing, which is just a continuation of what they’ve always done here and in third world countries.

6 Likes

Like what Christofascists in the US have paid for in African countries like Uganda within the last ten-fifteen years as testbed examples for laws they want passed here?

5 Likes

@Mindysan33 has been saying that repeatedly for the longest, as have I.

14 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: RTFC & Mansplaining

It would be somewhat ironic if the Taliban were introduced to Rushdooney’s ideas through some Reaganite zealot.

1 Like

I went to the Twitter thread to see how soon someone was calling her out for explicitly saying she wanted the country to be Christian Nationalist but didn’t make it that far before finding this:

18 Likes

:thinking: Wow, and overexposure to both can be harmful. :grimacing: Hopefully, more reports like Maddow’s will help folks see what pols like MTG really want: :sunglasses:

magic sunglasses GIF by Psyklon

13 Likes
20 Likes

Pontius Pilate may have been white. There are also several references to Roman Centurions, who also may have been white.

I am sure that it will be easier for white supremacists to identify with an occupying army, than it will be with a middle eastern proto-communist Jewish man.

13 Likes

Italians weren’t welcomed into the clubhouse until mid-20th century. How did Romans get a free pass, especially considering the whole empire thing?

7 Likes

I would argue that Romans and other people from the Mediterranean area 2,000 years ago would not have been ‘white’ as we understand it in the 21st century.

11 Likes

The Roman empire was assimilationist, so Romans include Germanic and Gaulish people.

Pontius Pilate probably wasn’t Scottish though, despite what the legends say.

15 Likes

I would concur.

9 Likes

Not white as Christian Nationalists understand it, under their BS rules, that’s for sure.

10 Likes

Jada Pinkett Smith Point GIF by Red Table Talk

14 Likes