QOP Marjorie Taylor Greene doesn't believe in evolution or 'so-called science'

Originally published at: QOP Marjorie Taylor Greene doesn't believe in evolution or 'so-called science' | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Whatever. She’s the current Queen of Idiot America, so expecting statements that aren’t grounded in stupidity, ignorance, and supernatural fantasies will be a fruitless task.

24 Likes

The poor dear has very little brain.

7 Likes

Who wants to bet that she’d never even heard that term before last year (I hadn’t!)? And who wants to bet that if she is ever unfortunate enough to be stricken with some disease whose therapies rely on this type of research, she will gladly accept the treatment?

11 Likes

That’s something else I don’t get. I mean, even the catholic church, you know, the guys living in there:

they accept evolution. Maybe it stuck in their craws a bit, but even if they are not particularly known for their flexibility they do know how to compromise. Fools they ain’t.
So why all the anti-evolution gymnastics? Are MTG and friends more royalist than the king? More popish than the pope? It’s really surreal.

12 Likes

19 Likes

Tbf, it’s a bit hard to criticise the guys living in there for their opulence if where she works (supposedly for you) is in here

1 Like

I don’t believe in MT Greene, but unfortunately she still exists.

She probably believes that the Pope (any Pope, not just Frankie) is the antichrist. The Catholic belief in evolution is just more supporting evidence for her.

19 Likes

Wish the media could just ignore her. This is how Trump became president: by reporting on every ignorant thing he said.

13 Likes

This is my surprised face ‘__’

1 Like

I take great comfort in the fact that many of the people chosen to make decisions for us a) know nothing, b) have no common sense, c) see those traits as positives, and therefore, d) feel no need to change.

“I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Democracy simply doesn’t work.” - Kent Brockman

/s of course

Ignoring tr0lls doesn’t work. Moderate their idiocy, deny them a respectable platform, impose consequences, yes. But pretending that they don’t have a large following of other ignoramuses, idiots, and bigots just makes them more dangerous and destructive.

We got Biff in large part not because the corporate media reported on his lies and BS and racism, but because they didn’t follow through by calling them lies and BS and racism.

13 Likes

Yeah that makes sense. It’s just depressing watching this country devolve in real time.

6 Likes

Are we supposed to be surprised? Lack of understanding of science is nothing new:

1 Like

Once she’s no longer in congress I’ll be glad to ignore her. Very glad.

12 Likes

I agree, I do feel like BB is giving this person a LOT of attention.

1 Like

EXACTLY what she wants. A paid tr0ll sponsored by her dumb ass constituents that drops a stupid bomb every other month and then just sits back and watches the press eat it up.

4 Likes

Compare with:

So on one hand it’s a bio-weapon, created via science (pardon me, “science”), on the other hand it’s made by god to punish us (or whatever reason he/she/it has, which we are incapable of really knowing anyway.)

Last year when people were saying it was from a lab I would reply “yeah? a lab in Wuhan, huh? So tell me, which lab did did the bubonic plague escape from?”

3 Likes

“Weaponized ignorance,” definitely gonna use that.

4 Likes

I suppose that there are also those pesky catholic nuns, friars, and priests against death penalty, or worse giving food and shelter to homeless people or even worse helping refugees or immigrants.
And rainbow peace flag, really similar to the LGBT pride flag.

1 Like