? ❓ ⚛ Questions. Questions? QUESTIONS!? ⚛ ❓?

Is not TAILS a live CD? Does it not matter what the OS on the hard drive is?

4 Likes

Have I a Tails 2.7 .iso burned onto a DVD? Did I think maybe I wanted persistent storage and considered using a USB stick, but apparently two of them would be needed? Was I surprised and a little sad to see that I couldn’t add ‘ppa:tails-team/tails-installer’ because my system, supported until 2019, is too ‘old’?

Am I reconsidering the USB and ‘making do’ with the DVD, as I should be updating my drivers for my printer and resetting my LibreOffice? Am I wondering if some facets of updating Linux are for people with lots of caffeine and free time and no adult-life responsibilities and time restrictions?

Did I just have to be told that the DVD .iso is an intermediary step to installing it onto a USB drive, although the verbiage for the installation onto a DVD seems to gloss, at best, over that?
Don’t the shorter instructions require that I have Linux Mint 18, Ubuntu 16.04 or 15.10 installed?
Didn’t I think Linux Mint would be for lazy and tired minds like the one I have?

4 Likes

If your mind were truly lazy, wouldn’t you be discussing this in a thread that did not require the interrogative tone?

8 Likes

Isn’t this the thread technical discussions of this kind of nerdliness usually wind up in, though?

3 Likes

What do you mean, when you say “this”? Who do you mean, when you say “we”?

3 Likes

Who put the bomp in the bomp bah bomp bah bomp?
Who put the ram in the rama lama ding dong?

3 Likes

Wouldn’t it be terrific if technical support exchanges between user and IT crew were in the interrogative tone? Could the user sound curious and eager to fix an issue other than typing in all caps “HELP ME!!!” or “linux mint fail/epic suck!” and the IT crew member appear less dismissive and haughty, and be at less risk of offering procedures that have already been tried with no success, or implying the user is a complete idiot?

May I share that IT people in my experience are more likely to use a script that works for most people, and more commonly complain about vacant-headed users, than read the user’s fully documented issue of operating system, browser and edition, graphics/sound/network cards, error code output, steps taken to replicate the error, and expected behavior or output, as if the user had had some Quality Assurance exposure? Was I wrong to think that all IT helpdesk personnel would welcome as much user-supplied information as possible, and read fully the detailed issue twice, before embarking on a labyrinthine exchange of cryptic sentence fragments?

Can I just say that my problems with Linux Mint are overall handled by community members possessing patience, altruism and tenacity? And that I give them as much info as I know to to help them solve in the shortest possible time frame to aid other people, because my preferred outcome is that both parties arrive at a solution as fast and complete as possible, because my mind is tired and lazy and there might be even more desperate users than I out there? Can I say also I check forums and Stack Overflow at least three times before pulling at my hair and making questionful rants?

6 Likes

Not only that, but who put the bop in the bop shoo bop shoo bop? Who put the dip in the dip da dip da dip?

4 Likes

who wrote the book of love?

7 Likes

Who wrote the self-published eBook of Love?

6 Likes

Why did I say I was going to clean the garage today? Why did the chaos go from one or two areas to the whole garage? Why do I have to finish it tomorrow?

5 Likes

Is it a good thing that Trump is good for collecting “great reply” badges?

Wouldn’t it be nice to get those badges for posts on nice things?

10 Likes

Hey, can you help me a minute? Is this navy? Or black?

3 Likes

Isn’t it white and gold?

3 Likes

Why isn’t the light in here better?

3 Likes

Did y’all miss me?

8 Likes

Wasn’t I aiming as well as I could?

10 Likes

Are American soccerball followers pleased that Klinsmann just got fired?

3 Likes

Is Sam Allerdyce next in line for the job?

3 Likes

Is the phrase “Sweet fucking Christ about goddamned time!” too over the top?

Don’t you know I wish he’d never been hired?

5 Likes