Report: tech companies losing interest in Texas

S & M bunny?

5 Likes

Stealth housing solar takes some of the pressure off and the remaining comes from huge solar installations in West Texas that had to fight the state tooth and nail. If any state incentives were involved, they were tiny.

Very strongly against. The big new “energy fund” being set up to create more power generation very specifically excludes renewables

11 Likes

Fun fact. Sailors are afraid of whisker bunbuns. They bring bad luck to a ship.

The name of the dread creature is taboo on the Isle of Portland in the UK.

1 Like

episode 1 alaska GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

4 Likes

ZOMG, the cutest thing I have seen all week!

2 Likes

I’m guessing that Texas-based companies are having a bit of a problem recruiting (and keeping) women of child-bearing age if they are expected to live in Texas. The same may be true for hiring men with a female significant other of child-bearing age. The recent Texas Supreme Court decision following AG Paxton’s threats against an ob-gyn and her patient means that it is going to be difficult, if not impossible, for doctors to perform abortions in Texas, even in cases of rape, incest, or severe risk to the pregnant woman.

4 Likes

It already is. There’s a case being brought by 20 women who were denied care and have suffered because of that denial.

3 Likes

Almost there.

It’s going to be difficult for any ob-gyn to practice at all in Texas.

We’re going to see an exodus of all ob-gyn doctors from Texas. First it will difficult to find care in more rural areas. Followed by everywhere. Then birth complications and mortality will rise throughout Texas. Getting any care at all will become harder and harder.

3 Likes

According to an article I scanned, they’re going to Tulsa next.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.