Republicans: Racist or Redeemable?

Let’s go back to 1967, when the GOP of your state (led by Ronald Reagan) was perfectly happy to go along with the Second Amendment as (mis)interpreted by the NRA (a decade pre-coup, but still seemingly obstinate in that). But wait, what’s that, Black people walking around with weapons claiming self-defense from the government, you say?

Usually, they don’t make the double standard @ClutchLinkey described so obvious, but it’s been there since at least the days of Reconstruction (when the Dems were the party of white supremacy) right through the shift to the Southern Strategy and still present today if you’re actually willing to look.

When I responded to you yesterday quoting a term that auto-holds comments (“L-bt-ards”, I assume) my comment was held. So yes, you’re being paranoid. Sort of like the rural GOP voters who’ve been convinced that the libruls are coming to get their gunz.

[not that your baseless claims of persecution by the mods and the community here in response to “unpopular” views are anything new]

16 Likes