Rhode Island bill proposes to fix housing crisis with cryptocurrency

True facts! Although Rhode Island was the first of the thirteen colonies to declare independence from the Crown - 4th of May, 2 months before all you other slackers! - Little Rhodie was also the last of the states to ratify the Constitution. There were a bunch of reasons, but not being able to print its own monies was no small part of it.

2 Likes

We can live on the blockchain now?

3 Likes

We aren’t?

1 Like

3 Likes

Henceforth, all houses should have triangular walls to illustrate how they were funded.

3 Likes

Call me a cynic; but does a ‘public private partnership’ that promises a seemingly miraculous combination of affordability in the product and profit for both public and private partners by means of an exotic and poorly understood financial instrument ring the hell out of anyone else’s alarm bells?

7 Likes

Reminiscent of Douglas Adam’s “Ark B” inhabitants who made themselves fabulously wealthy by declaring that tree leaves were legal tender.

3 Likes

Don’t talk about your ancestors like that!

6 Likes

I was going to mention KSR. He really doesn’t like Bitcoin but he likes the idea of a carbon coin.

To be fair, my home is fairly non-fungible.

2 Likes

I really wanted to know more about this bill, since it sounded like a total scam, and it turns out it probably is a scam https://www.wpri.com/target-12/investigation-reveals-ri-lawmaker-on-powerful-committee-has-trail-of-hidden-debts/

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.