Robert Mueller, Ex-FBI Chief, appointed as special counsel in Trump-Russia investigation

For what it’s worth, it’s “gill foil”

2 Likes

I can provide a :whoosh:, slightly used, for purchase.

2 Likes

I totally read that as “I haven’t heard her name pronounced out loud”. Nevermind.

I totally meant to write it that way and have updated it appropriately.

“Gilf-OY-yelll!”

8 Likes

…Moreover, so many of the Cabinet officials who might rightly affirm that Trump is unable to discharge his duties are similarly unable to discharge their own. Trump’s chief infirmity—the vanity, wealth, and self-regard that was mistakenly confused with effective leadership—is actually shared by the vast majority of his Cabinet, most of whom—in the manner of any individual Kardashian—seem to prize money and power more than they prize governance or democracy. For instance, it’s abundantly clear that neither Betsy DeVos nor Ben Carson are fit to execute their own Cabinet positions. Are they also to be summarily removed? Jeff Sessions has gone along with the worst of Trump’s plans, drafting the legal justification for the stalled-out Muslim ban. If we can see clearly enough to judge Trump unfit, surely Sessions is as well.

Pretty scathing.

10 Likes

Thank you, Dahlia. Somebody got it right for once.

4 Likes

That’s awesome! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

19, by my count. 67 would make 2/3. and 48 senators are not Republicans. Right?

2 Likes

With the appointment of Mueller it does look like somebody in the administration is looking for a way to get the ship on the ground so to speak, rather than plough on and get themselves into even more trouble.

Yep–you’re absolutely right. I was thinking it was 54-46, not 52-48.

That’s two down, right there!

Well, the guy who appointed him, AAG Rod Rosenstein.

Everyone (eg, on the Lawfare podcast) is saying how Rod is a nice guy, Rod is a career guy, Rod is not an apparatchik.

However, two weeks into his new job, he was pressured (by Trump) into writing the letter to Trump recommending Comey’s dismissal.

Now, three weeks into his new job, he’s rectifying that error. And, really, its almost better for the nation to have the dismissal/special counsel than an intact FBI director. The firing and the special counsel put even more pressure on the Trump regime.

6 Likes

I wondered if this was revenge by Rosenstein for Trump trying to throw him under the bus on the Comey firing.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.