It is an explicit statement by that character, If you have a statement about the nature of the Dark Side within the movie that is not coming from a character (especially not from a character with a bias either towards or against the Dark Side), I’d love to see it.
As to it not being an explicit statement that that Dark Side is not stronger… How much more explicit can you get than someone being asked directly whether the Dark Side is stronger, and answering in the negative three times?! I get how you think the statement is not trustworthy, but how is it not explicit?
First of all, a demonstration is neither explicit nor a statement. Let me quote you again.
That is an incredibly easy claim to defend if it’s true. If you don’t remember exactly where it’s said, it’ll require a few hours of watching some enjoyable movies to find that “explicit statement.” If you do remember when and where it happened, it should take about ten minutes at most. It certainly took me far less than that to find Yoda’s quote. I’ll make it easier on you: if it exists, I’d almost certainly put it either in the Palpatine/Windu/Skywalker scene in III, the Vader/Luke duel in V, or the Palpatine/Vader/Luke scene in VI.
…And yet, of the four Sith shown in the first six movies:
- Darth Maul was killed by a padawan.
- Darth Tyranus (Dooku) retreated from a duel with Yoda, and then was killed by a Jedi who had been tempted by the Dark Side, but was not using any Dark Side powers yet.
- Darth Vader was defeated and dismembered in one duel with his former master (who never surrendered to the Dark Side), then was defeated again a duel by his son, who never surrendered to the Dark Side (though, again, he was tempted)
- Darth Sidious (Palpatine) was killed by the guy who was just defeated by the light-side Jedi, and was now short an arm.
The only powers that Dark Side users have shown to be able to use that Jedi can’t are:
- Force Lightning (which Yoda is able to absorb and redirect)
- Clouding the future
Most of whom they kill by surrounding them with armies, or by sending a fully-trained Jedi to slaughter children. I’m trying to remember any duels between fully-trained Jedi/Sith that ended with dead Jedi. Qui-Gon would certainly count, though that certainly was not an unqualified win for Darth Maul. Mace Windu was defeated by treachery and two opponents. Obi-Wan let himself die. It’s not exactly a stellar record for the Sith.
Again, I disagree, as I argue extensively above. You have also moved the goalposts. “Showing” something is much different than “stating,” much less “explicitly stating.”
I’m going to again refer back to your quote as “The movies themselves explicitly state…” Lucas’s statements would be again moving the goalposts.
But, you know what? I’ll allow it. I have provided my quote. If Lucas has made a comment that the Dark Side is more powerful, provide it. (Just a warning, though, that anything that came out of Lucas’s mouth after “midichlorians” has a reduced value to me).