Rollerball pen draws conductive circuits

My electronics teacher in '73-5 said that you could draw working circuits with a pencil. “Even capacitors.”

Then again, he believed that Tesla made a force field you could carry in your pocket, and that there’s a lake up in Canada where flat circles of force rise at intervals that will push airplanes aside. Still, I was intrigued at the time.

1 Like

Those pens don’t go very far. Given the relatively short shelf life (1 year or so), this may not be a problem.

I’ll bet you could draw some features on a couple of pieces of paper, roll the paper into tubes, connect them to where a cap or inductor goes in an amp circuit, and make strange music sliding the tubes like a trombone. Might work better fixturing one of these pens in a pen plotter though.

I have airbrushed conductive paint onto bones, and copper plated them in my plating setup. I would get one of these pens if it was more like a paint marker, but mostly for painting objects to plate.

1 Like

There’s also this…a modified ink jet printer that prints conductive circuits…

Any links to more info/pics on this? Sounds very interesting.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.