Scott Adams endorses Trump, becomes respected pundit

I think he does, actually.

11 Likes

I love this idea that women have never voted before.

We heard this is Canada after the last federal election too. That Trudeau only won because women and gay men voted for him because heā€™s ā€œreally really good lookingā€. - because those two demographics have never ever voted beforeā€¦?

30 Likes

Could never be that Harper was a shitheel could it? /s

ETA Trudeau is pretty hunky though.

17 Likes

So. . . Scott Adams thinks Hillary Clinton will have him assassinated. . . .

Itā€™s been seven long years and Obama still hasnā€™t gotten around to killing Ted Nugent.

(But then Obama DID manage to kill Andrew Breitbart and make it look like this angry, middle-aged, overweight guy somehow just naturally had a heart attack, so maybe Scott Adams has a point. )

24 Likes

I used to subscribe to Adamsā€™ blog for a while. Then he wrote a post about how the Israel-Palestine conflict could be resolved by an advertising campaign to make suicide bombing uncool, and I unsubscribed.

I guess I would say he seems like a pretty good example of someone who thinks smartness is one-dimensional, and that if youā€™re smart enough you can self-smart yourself by thinking super carefully, instead of relying on crutches like listening or observing or accepting ignorance like all the normal losers. He used to talk about having a high Emotional Quotient or EQ, which was apparently something like IQ only better, and that it was because of having this high number that he was able to force himself to sit in his office all day every day making comics until he became the wildly successful man he is today, which in turn proves that the high EQ thing is totally legit, and that therefore he is totally qualified to weigh in on fucking anything. I hope Iā€™ve got the story right anyway, Iā€™m sure Scott would tell it better.

In other words his success went waaaaaay the fuck to his head. For me itā€™s kind of fun to see him pop up again all these years later, like some forgotten celebrity making headlines for a cocaine rampage. Except instead of cocaine itā€™s like all this time heā€™s been hooked on his own smartness, and possibly also cocaine.

30 Likes

Fixā€™t.

6 Likes

Donā€™t forget him backpatting over his incredible mind ā€œcuringā€ his self-diagnosed case of Spasmotic Dysphonia.

Heā€™s a hard right version of an Indigo Child.

9 Likes

Thatā€™s nothing. Did you catch how Obamaā€™s crack assassin squad was able to take out Hawaiian Health Director Loretta Fuddy, who was the only person who would have been able to prove that Obamaā€™s birth certificate was fake?? Not only were they able to make it look like a plane crash, but they managed to crash the plane in such a way that Fuddy was the only person on board who was killed. Now thatā€™s some elite black ops work.

14 Likes

Iā€™ll never understand the faith of conspiracists in the sheer competency and OpSec of the American government.

20 Likes

Remember, these are the same conspiracy theorists who think that hundreds of thousands of people are capable of staging a secret, coordinated effort to swing a national election via in-person voter fraud.

18 Likes

Donā€™t forget to do your part comrade!

9 Likes

That takes me back. Also something about how one time he got paid to create some sort of phrase or idea that would then be incepted into society in order to change the way we all behave to some commercial end? Of course he couldnā€™t say what it was or for whom because he was sworn to secrecy, but that didnā€™t stop him bragging.

I struggle to remember why I read his blog now. I think when he wasnā€™t proclaiming that the sky is secretly green he could present some thought provoking arguments.

5 Likes

I think our opinion of the man is severely clouded by the stories we read in his work, the vast majority of which were submitted by his readers and did not come from his own experience. An experience which trended more on the PHB end of the labor spectrum than our boy Dilbert.

8 Likes

Is this supposed to be satire? Because the irony here is like a brick to the face.

9 Likes

(now Iā€™m scared.)

1 Like

A rugged manly man with his EQ level has surpassed your puny-EQ concept of ā€œsatireā€.

7 Likes

One thing that seems clear in retrospect is that Adams always had really thin skin. Heā€™d frequently pen long angry diatribes attacking his critics and make a point of publicly mocking and belittling anyone who sent him hate mail. It seemed kind of funny back in the 90s but now it just reminds me of how Trump sends out hate-tweets at 3am because heā€™s still fuming about something someone said about him.

23 Likes

Fuck you, Scott.

13 Likes

Subliminal Trump?

4 Likes

What never ceases to amaze me is how often these are the same people who believe the government canā€™t be trusted to do anything beneficial because of bureaucratic incompetence.

23 Likes