Secret Service learns why you don't plug strange USB drives into computers

It is less damaging to have a laptop destroyed then to have a laptop behind a security perimeter infected and place anything else that trusts that laptop at risk as well. A destroyed laptop can be replaced (sometimes under warranty, or via pre-existing service contract). An infested laptop needs experts to go over it very carefully and also examine anything it talked to. Plus whatever sensitive data was on the laptop has to be assumed to have been extracted and sent elsewhere.

Seriously I would rather my work laptop fell into a lake then gets malware on it.

4 Likes

That provoked a nineties flashback…

5 Likes

The Etherkiller! When you absolutely positively have to punish those magnetic transformers standing between you and your buggy network card’s warranty replacement. :smiley:

3 Likes

Ha, I had no idea about this. I just read all about his battles with the UK about his stolen heraldry. The best part? The coat of arms used to say, “Integritas” underneath, but now it says, “Trump.” It’s hilarious that he wasn’t self-aware enough to realize the irony of literally removing integrity so he could install himself in its place.

2 Likes

He’s impervious to irony. It strikes me that everything about that story is both crazy and typical Trump.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.