Security of America's healthcare system is on the brink of catastrophic collapse

I always reboot systems after updates. Because that way I know that they can still be successfully booted! I figure I’d rather find out right away, instead of a year after the update, if a patch broke my init system.

But a well designed system can be rebooted without affecting service. Think of DNS, for example - even though it runs with 24x365 availability, I can reboot DNS nodes in the middle of the day whenever I want… as long as I don’t reboot them all at once.

1 Like

IoT = Information Homeopathy or IHop!

Don’t ask me about the “meaningful use” rules.

Ask any doctor.

Go out of your way to find a non libertarian one.

Where was I asking you anything? First you put Cory’s words in my mouth, and now your own.

Since you bring it up, I have heard a lecture where a non-libertarian (though still politically conservative) doctor from a country with a single-payer system discussed “meaningful use” in these terms: “having government standards for things like EMR systems and billing allows me to focus on practising medicine instead of running a business.” Sounds like government intervention had a lot of meaning for him as a physician, but then he’s not in it primarily for the money like a Libertarian-leaning doc might be.

3 Likes

If only our country didn’t have the cheapest healthcare in the developed world. Maybe we should raise healthcare prices so that they can afford to hire IT personnel. /s

2 Likes

Randsomware usually asks to be paid in bitcoin, causing bitcoin prices to go up. If hospitals buy a lot of bitcoin early, they could use the post-distruction profits to rebuild…probably the same systems. At which point, they could buy more bitcoins…

1 Like

I was going to ruminate about bad characters taking advantage of the situation to murder someone, but thats already happened. How often, may never be known, since if you dont look for something you likely wont find it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.