Shady home builder exposed

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/06/shady-detroit-home-builder-exp.html

7 Likes

This sounds like the kind of guy who should end up serving the community in the footings of a new build.

16 Likes

You wonder how this guy can still be alive.

But then look at the victims: clean-cut lower middle-class normies, folks who always play by the rules, ruined and humiliated by what’s being done to them, but conflict-averse to the bones. The success of the scam is built in to the people the bait appeals to.

31 Likes

Sounds more like a future GOP House member.

30 Likes

Yep. And he’ll run on a platform of fiscal responsibility and being a successful, “pulled myself up by the bootstraps”, businessman.

He’ll get the GOP vote, too.

20 Likes

Not a very uplifting story, boingboing. There’s no resolution and the bad guy is still on the loose.

3 Likes

Well, the shame is enough, really.

I remember my father grousing about that line when I was a little kid, many decades ago.

1 Like

Send lawyers, guns, and money.
The sh*t has hit the fan.

11 Likes

and i feel like i have problems – these poor people, ugh. what a mess. i don’t see a shiny future for that guy.

4 Likes

I wonder who he voted for in 2016? :thinking:

6 Likes

My magic 8-ball says he’ll confess to something (drugs, gambling, etc.), then tell everyone he sought (and received) forgiveness from Jesus. End of story… until he starts another business.

9 Likes

Or worse, day trading.

3 Likes

I want to tell you the truth, but if you give me a day to two days…
I’ll come up with a much better lie or you will have just gone away.

6 Likes

Always good to see where a future POTUS got his start.

5 Likes

Thanks. Now that’ll be stuck in my head all day.

(no, seriously, thanks, I love that album)

3 Likes

Those are the kinds of stories that need to be told the most. “…And they all lived happily ever after” stories make for satisfying entertainment, but “…this is an ongoing problem that someone needs to fix right now” stories are why we need journalism in the first place.

8 Likes

Except that what journalism provides is “…this is an ongoing problem that nobody is going to fix, but get all worked up about it briefly and then click on our advertisers.”

How is anyone going to fix the problem if they don’t know about it in the first place?

7 Likes

Here’s hoping the Macomb County prosecutor’s office has at least one Fox 2 viewer that actually watches the local news at night.

5 Likes

What good is knowing about it if there is nothing to be done?