Son of Stuxnet: "invisible," memory-resident malware stalks the world's banks

a friend told me he found a suspicious soviet signature on the institutes software

Was it hex for PutinOnTheRitz?

6 Likes

Yep I too [REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED]

3 Likes

Ha! you’ve made the classic rookie mistake of covering the data as opposed to removing it.

By highlighting your comment, copying it to the clipboard, and pasting it, we can see exactly what you were trying to hide!

(Shame on you for your treatment of that poor jackalope, by the way)

7 Likes

Look at the bright side. Terry Childs set the bar so low you could be the least reliable engineer☨ in NoCal and probably still find work.

☨ Not that you are. No one so dapper could be dastardly.

Oh, BTW, the way to present that in interviews is: I have the dubious distinction of recovering a crashed mainframe at [REDACTED] facility in [REDACTED]. Yes, windows can be as stable as a mainframe. :upside_down:

4 Likes

Whose to say he didnt deserve all that and more?

3 Likes

I don’t always crash mainframes, but when I do, I look dapper.

5 Likes

6 Likes

I can’t seem to find it any more on the Web, but I remember some cyberpunk author, Gibson or Sterling or Stephenson, talking about how the electronic card in your wallet doesn’t have to be just a key to a virtual vault held by someone else, it could become the bank itself. The idea is that there’s no theoretical reason why ordinary citizens couldn’t take full advantage of low transaction costs, and become our own banks.

When enough citizens get tired of being ripped off by banksters, and decide they can run better data security than the money barons, it seems inevitable for such a development to catch on.

Of course it only appears easy at first, it only becomes easy after a while, and some spectacular blunders. I’d like to do this, but I don’t want to be first.

1 Like

Hell, it still worked in the late 70s/early 80s…

1 Like

Thats the very sort of whargarbl I hear from the bitcornistas and krugerands under the matress prepper goldbugs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.