Spaaaaace

Space Force - finally, someone the Coast Guard can tease.

11 Likes
5 Likes

I alluded to this elsewhere, but I’ve been playing a lot of Destiny 2 lately so all I can think about is that it’s also the name of the player characters in that game.

They’re also canonically idiot space murder hobos, so it’s not exactly a flattering comparison.

5 Likes

It works.

9 Likes

Or, you know, it has just the right number of syllables…

idiot-space-murder-hobos

:musical_note: Heritage mission culture, Guardian power

6 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Crappy attempt at photographing the conjunction using a phone and my 6-inch schmidt-newtonian telescope. Image is a little hazy but it looked quite spectacular in the eyepiece.

Saturn in lower left, Jupiter in center with 4 Galilean moons (and a random star) shown.

15 Likes

Muito maneira!

Wow. It is Very good.
Thanks for sharing this cool picture with us.

5 Likes

Go big, Night of the Living Dead.

1 Like

Just finished For All Mankind season one, kinda meh but I am a sucker for alternate history and the Apollo program.

Now trying The Right Stuff miniseries. The actors are pale imitation of the ones in the early 80’s movie but the Annie Glenn character stands out.

1 Like

i learned recently ( on futility closet ) that coal used to be a poor kid’s number one request for christmas. winter is cold without heat (!)

they say this like it’s a good thing:

( this has been today’s completely not on topic and totally irrelevant contrarian takes :cat: )

4 Likes

1 Like
3 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

For anyone standing on the moons of Saturn, they would have seen an amazing conjunction of Jupiter and Earth

4 Likes