Spaaaaace

wouldn’t we be between them and the sun right now? making us lost in the glare, and not much surface to reflect sun light back? like a new earth i guess? or an earth eclipse? ( or transit i guess because we’re so small. ) we’d be maybe blocked by jupiter, with some cool science to measure as we exit it’s limb…

2 Likes

Earth would be pretty close to the sun, as would Jupiter. Earth would also look pretty dim and difficult to see in the glare.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Seen it last night, at last - always too cloudy before.

1 Like

I thjnk this has been on BB/BBS before, but interesting enough to watch again.

4 Likes

Did you like it?

I saw it a couple of days before the conjunction night, because the weather has changed and we had cloudy nights or heavy rains all week. I had to walk to the end of the street to get a clear view of the horizon. I was ashamed to take the camera or cell phone with me and didn’t take any pictures of the cosmic phenomenon.

1 Like

Cannot edit original post, but an update. Seems that my image also captured Saturn’s largest moon Titan, visible to the upper left of Saturn. The random star in line with the 4 galilean moons is HIP99314.

6 Likes

Yes, very nice.
No good pictures, though - I didn’t have a tripod at hand.

00__Sophiscated Cat__RAW_phixr_phixr

10 Likes
8 Likes
2 Likes

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2020/12/does-lightning-strike-on-venus-mysterious-flash-help-solve-puzzle/

1 Like
3 Likes
4 Likes

If only there was a website that would tell me how many people are in space right now?

Sad to think that all the people in space could sit around my kitchen table

7 Likes

Lovely. I was going to suggest EVA by Perrey and Kingsley but when I saw him drifting away I stuck on Patashnik by Biosphere instead.

1 Like

You “obligated” me to Google this music. Thank you.

It was really the concept for that record. Patashnik is supposed to be a term from the Soviet space programme for one of their legendary lost Cosmonauts that aren’t public. In particular for one who floated off on an EVA. Possibly deliberately.

I have seen it translated as a “goner”.

1 Like
2 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like