Spaaaaace

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap211114.html

1 Like

NASA survival training: When astronauts had to train for survival in deserts and jungles, 1960s

The original “Mercury Seven” astronauts, L. Gordon Cooper, M. Scott Carpenter, John Glenn, Alan Shepard, Virgil I. Grissom, Walter Schirra and Donald K. Slayton wear clothing fashioned from parachutes during desert survival training at Stead Air Force Base in Nevada. 1960.

Frank Borman, Neil Armstrong, John Young, and Deke Slayton during desert survival training in Nevada. 1964.

3 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

I’ve been saying this for years

3 Likes

Yeah the article isn’t ground breaking but it’s nice to have a whole lot of sense listed out and voices and opinions we don’t often hear on space being aired.

It’s a good read and well put together.

3 Likes

Oh, no criticism
 I’m going through it now and it’s absolutely what people need to hear, since people here seem to be of the mind that we can only explore space via competition or by handing it over to rich assholes.

Episode 1 Premiere GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Thanks for posting it!

2 Likes

It’s fake ooze, don’t fall for fake ooze: Alien fossils found on Mars might just be simple chemistry, uni pair warn

Scientists should remain skeptical if they study rock samples drilled by NASA’s Perseverance rover for evidence of alien life lest they be fooled by fake fossils, academics in the UK have warned.

It’s difficult to find definitive signs of ancient microbial life in geological materials, Sean McMahon, an astrobiologist at the University of Edinburgh, and Julie Cosmidis, a geobiologist from the University of Oxford, argued. Chemical processes on the Martian surface could produce substances very similar to those created by living organisms.

Interesting patterns in sediments of clay or layers of rock may look as if they were deposited by cellular life, such as stromatolites, for example. Scientists may be excited about finding these structures, but before they jump the gun they should also consider whether those markings may have been carved by geological or chemical processes on Mars.

[
]

2 Likes

Northrop Grumman throws hat in the ring to design NASA’s next-gen Lunar Terrain Vehicle

Mentioned in the article: Lunokhod 2 belongs to Richard Garriott?

2 Likes

I’m reading this book right now.

It describes the lunar rover development, selection, and usage on the moon. Good read so far.

5 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

It is time to put the science aside and call a good priest, of any religion.

max von sydow priest GIF

https://blogs.nasa.gov/webb/2021/11/22/nasa-provides-update-on-webb-telescope-launch/

4 Likes

So, someone dropped the feckin thing. Great.

3 Likes

accident fail GIF

Melissa Villasenor Oops GIF by Saturday Night Live

5 Likes