✨ ME vs THE WORLD SOCIETY LEAGUE ✨

You apparently do find nationalism meaningful, since you drop it as an all-purpose tactic to try explaining away discussions of many diverse topics. Sure, those things exist. But, apparently, I do not attribute to them the same significance that you do.

The way you frame this is deceptive. ANY social structure, made by anyone, exists only so long as people believe in it. Whenever I try participating in discussions about social issues, people instantly resort to framing it as being all about me, personally, when it isn’t. Reality is not that which exists when PopoBawa quits believing in it, reality is that which exists when anyone quits believing in it. As I struggled to explain to millifink, it is sloppy to conflate the fluid, participatory nature of social reality with the more objective reality of the universe at large. The constant diversions of “What is “reality” (LOL)” are only evasions some seem to use to make some kinds of social reality appear more objective and less scrutable than others.

So what? Those are simply the beliefs and social structures of other groups of people. It cuts both ways. If I live in the borders of the US as an infiltrator, then that too is a reality which the US is subject to. Influence is not a one-way phenomenon, and your blind insistence upon hierarchy being “real” - so long as it is devised by someone else - prevents you from considering or accepting this. It’s why many forms of government strike me as being antisocial, they are only ever just so long as accountability is symmetrical. If it isn’t, you’re being taken for a ride.

What it does gain me? I never claimed to be doing any such thing, nor pretending to it. But if you paid attention when reading my posts, you would know my position on this.

I don’t believe in “dominance”, it’s a tired reduction of primitive behaviors. For the Nth time, I am not resisting nor reacting to anything. What I am trying to do is entirely pro-active, to establish the social structures needed to go about my daily life. Fortunately, I socialized by internalizing egalitarian rather than hierarchic principles and practices for living. This is just what I do.

1 Like