2020 Uprising: Enough is Enough

Seriously, please, please put warnings when you link to the Daily Heil. That is a Do Not Click Zone.

13 Likes

Sorry, sorry. That was thoughtless.

3 Likes

There’s so much to unpack here…

8 Likes
6 Likes

I’ve been saying this for years, but once again:

If you take any statement by American police at face value, you are either (a) hopelessly naive, or (b) a willing collaborator in fascism.

They do not deserve the benefit of the doubt.

17 Likes

It really is remarkable how cops tend to go out of their way to antagonize the press, squandering any potential sympathy or good will that they might otherwise get from these circumstances. I just listened to a story on this on KPCC, and naturally the report spent most of its time discussing the violent arrest of their reporter and the lies about it from the sheriffs department rather than the sheriffs original hospital press conference that the reporter was sent to cover. From a pure self-interest / PR standpoint, the cops continue to be their own worst enemies.

Edit to add: the reporter was trying to document the cops following another individual, maybe one of the people who were supposedly disparaging the two injured cops, so who knows what she would have witnessed if she hadn’t been violently arrested first. Maybe something that would have been an even bigger stain on the department than the wrongful arrest and assault of a reporter.

9 Likes
12 Likes

I noted that during the arrest, they always have that intimidation/lookout officer, standing there while the others are engaged. It strikes me that his job is probably as much about identifying antagonistic witnesses as it is about watching for interference.

6 Likes

tenor

11 Likes

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1305618376602136577?s=19

Rochester mayor’s reaction to police corruption at the city’s highest levels:

2 Likes
10 Likes

I bet that part is true…
COP: You say you’re a reporter, but you don’t have proper press credentials on you, so how do we know that’s true.
REPORTER: Not on me, no. But you’ve got them, you took them off me when I was unjustifiably arrested.
later…
LASD PR FLACK: … admitted she did not have proper press credentials on her person.

7 Likes
9 Likes

a little more on it. there are at least four other people in the same situation from protesting that day. sounds like the lt governor and at least one person on the city council are trying to get the bail amount amended

( edit: and yeah, blatantly unconstitutional. not just the amount, but also the use of it to discourage others from protesting. )

12 Likes

JFC

10 Likes

Don’t you have to tell people to remove all metal and zippers before you microwave them.

“ Anyone incapable of leaving the target area (e.g., physically handicapped, infants, incapacitated, trapped, etc.) would continue to receive radiation”

I’m thinking that anything that can blister skin at limited exposure can’t be very good for eyeballs either.

13 Likes

Especially since the eyeballs have far lower blood circulation than the rest of the body and so the cooling is less effective. I suspect that this device may cause permanent damage.

7 Likes

If you’re wondering where the heat ray came from:

Again:

6 Likes
8 Likes

There’s police cam video of the “incident”

9 Likes