Teens try to guess 1990s songs and their artists

About half of millennials were around to hear it played first time around.

Scary thought for the day: the kids who become teenagers this year can not be millennials by any definition previously used (Definitions range from the generation starting in the late 70s to 1985).

2 Likes

Most of my incoming freshmen are Gen Z, my daughter’s generation…

1 Like

There was something else going on that interestingly no millennials that I know have heard of:

1 Like

I did have one of my students ask about NIN, in terms of if another artist came before them. I mean, they were on MTV like every day for a while there.

And Trent Reznor is making waves as a soundtrack artist now.

Now, do you think these damn kinds know Pigface? Probably not:

4 Likes

Philistines.

1 Like

I’m sure our parents and their generation said the same about us… :wink:

2 Likes

Ha, of course they did.

Although, my parents generation first called us Philistines and then gave us self-bootlegged Deep Purple an Stones tapes. Real tapes. Not those new cassette stuff.

Hell, one parent in our neighborhood even had a self-cut bootleg record of the Stones. And Black Sabbath tapes. And The Cure, although I can’t remember if this was bootlegged or just a strange copy of a copy of an album.

At the time, I was more interested in the Beatles. And they didn’t have any of that. Uninterested teenagers, we were. And when we later were presented by our peers with Dinosaur Jr., or Waltari, we already were far to weird to be called philistines by anyone. Especially by our parents generation…

Yeah but trashing Gen Z isn’t nearly as much fun. The ones eating Tide Pods will always be Millenials to me.

Not here in India - everyone and their uncles know his songs. Ugh.

Luckily, India is far, far away from where I live :wink:

Never say never :wink:

3 Likes

Pronouncing and spelling the artist’s name would trip me up. But the title shouldn’t be too hard if you’ve seen the movie—it’s the protagonist’s name, after all. In Beverly Hills Cop, Eddie Murphy was Axel Foley. “Axel F.” Getting the reinforcement of that name repeatedly being addressed to a famous face was a powerful mnemonic device, I thought.

Becoming X was the jam

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.