Testing an anti-satellite missile, Russia just created a dangerous debris field in the ISS path

Originally published at: Testing an anti-satellite missile, Russia just created a dangerous debris field in the ISS path | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Angry Mad GIF

Those blockheads.

34 Likes

Are Sandra Bullock and George Clooney ok?

29 Likes

All these discussions of intel, my first thought was the ISSnauts are in danger of getting pantsed.

5 Likes

One populated thing in orbit? Did we forget the Chinese space station? They are currently in mission Shenzhou 13 and they have three people aboard right now.

48 Likes

All the while, neither the US, nor Russia, nor China even lifts a finger to deal with the space trash problem.

12 Likes

The free market to the rescue! /s

and while we’re posting satellite songs…

2 Likes

Meanwhile Anton Shkaplerov and Pyotr Dubrov are like, “What the fuck, man?”

20 Likes

Isn’t this how Gravity started?

sandra bullock gravity GIF

13 Likes

They announced that they intend to abandon the ISS and talk of joining the Chinese space station project, then they take steps that “inadvertantly” make the ISS unsafe. That sounds like Putin.

36 Likes

“I saw two shooting stars last night
I wished on them but they were only satellites
Is it wrong to wish on space hardware
I wish, I wish, I wish you’d care”

11 Likes

So if it destroys the ISS, does that mean that the test was a success? Was this a matter of the Russian military fucking up or just not caring?

6 Likes

Can we say “Kessler Syndrome,” boys and girls?

11 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.

10 Likes

When reached for comment, Putin’s people stated “It wasn’t us. It was an American missile test aggressively endangering space for all of humanity.”

Because that’s what that asshole does every time Russia does something aggressive.

18 Likes

Like a classic School Yard Bully, giggling “Stop punching yourself.”

18 Likes

The asteroids are probably polonium.

4 Likes

Given that Russia was a partner in building the ISS and there are two Russian cosmonauts currently on board anything that endangers the station still feels more like a fuck-up than a power move.

15 Likes

Like two bits of the space authority don’t talk to each other perhaps? Like a civilian one for example and a military one?

6 Likes

Or like plausible deniabilty. Wouldn’t be the first time a cosmonaut was erased for political reasons .

10 Likes