The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 1)

16 Likes

This should be thrown back in their faces every time they mistreat people of color. Every. Damn. Time.

13 Likes

Hopefully she stops uploading food! Who knows what DNA is in there…

14 Likes

Stupid! Burning stupid everywhere!

12 Likes

:rofl:
(ETA mac joke, I think the hourglass for windows users)

16 Likes

I just found out about the adaptive immune system. Should I be taking lots of immunosuppressants to stop Bill Gates from reprogramming me for the NWO?

/s

8 Likes

It’s just an abstract spinning blue circle these days

2 Likes

Finally after a year of far right protests the coppers make some arrests after the fash fire fireworks at the popo. Arsehole scumbag head of the GardaĂ­ blames the left. Because of course that RUC shit does.

7 Likes

“The vast majority of those who took part belong to a number of factions including anti-vaccine, anti-mask and anti-lockdown protestors, far right groups, and those intent on trouble and disorder.

You keep repeating yourself, Commissioner Harris.

13 Likes

Surprised he didn’t directly blame “The American BLM movement”.

2 Likes

If he was still up north, he may well have like his brethren did.

2 Likes

It’s always projection:

23 Likes

Always. Any accusation is a confession, you just have to wait for it to become apparent.

13 Likes

Michael Moore is a soulless ghoul like Stephen King did a couple weeks ago.

Also Twitter’s trending blurbs are bad.

8 Likes

People across the political spectrum say stuff like this all the time. Time spent getting into an online tizzy about it is probably better spent canoodling with your partner, calling your gran to say hello, or volunteering at the local food bank.

These near-daily twitter tempests are a ridiculous human energy sink.

4 Likes

I disagree. I think that it’s important to put a spotlight on people with large followings when they say stupid crap like this because as the last handful of years have shown, people with large followings on social media saying stupid and hateful crap has an effect on their followers. As well, it’s only a ridiculous human energy sink if one fixates on it too hard and lets it consume their whole day. Just taking a few minutes or so to tell others about how and why this or that person is being an asshole, or even just retweeting someone else who’s already explained why they’re an asshole, is well within reason.

5 Likes

It is fairly standard metonymy to use the name of a state or country to refer to the government or leaders of the state or country. A sentence like “Texas announced today that masks are no longer required there” should not be interpreted as stating that everyone in Texas announced something.
Edit: typo

2 Likes

“We’ve always done it” isn’t a reason to keep doing so, especially when we know it’s shitty.

9 Likes

Michael Moore is Michael Moore. Whatever opinion one has of him, anyone who reads this tweet and concludes that he really, literally believes that people in Austin should be denied vaccines because of the Governor’s position is credulous to a ridiculous degree.

What actual effect do you think this statement of his would have had without indignant correction? You think his “followers” were getting ready to do…what exactly?

2 Likes

The Toronto van killer has been judged guilty on all counts, 10 homicide, 16 attempted. The judge didn’t buy the defence’s spectrum argument. “He did it for fame.” The judge never spoke his name.

13 Likes